• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Root][R910/R915] One Click Root for Samsung Galaxy Indulge :: OUTDATED USE AIO OUTDATED :: 4/10/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for you DroidsAtMetro. Will data transfer be persistent across markets anytime soon? When I travel to another MPCS market (out-of-state) my phone works but I lose data service. Kinda makes the smartphone thing a moot point especially with the dime you have to drop for the phone.

Yes, we are rapidly expanding our coverage area. By 2012 virtually all major cities and highways will be covered with 4G LTE.

The reason you lose data service is because up until recently, the data coverage has been pretty spotty. 4G LTE is going to change everything. Not to mention some huge potential mergers/acquisitions we may be finalizing in the near future. Things are going to be changing at a very rapid pace. Stay tuned lol...

Reactions: cflingo
Upvote 0
So I'm trying to figure out how to flash my samsung galaxy indulge back to factory settings using ODIN3 (software provided courtesy of shabbypenguin) and after watching a couple of youtube videos on how to do this with the samsung galaxy s I get the gist of it but still have a couple of questions.

Shabby said to disregard the pit file. But after watching the youtube video I noticed that a different file goes under pda, phone, and csc.

Shabby only sent me one file (indulge-stock.tar)

Does this file go under pda, phone, AND csc? And then I take the sd card out and battery and reboot the phone holding the volume button down + home button + power button and file shoudl download automatically? Does the sim card come out of the indulge too? I have been warned by corporate that removing the sim card would void the warranty and cause the phone to malfunction!!) I am so confused with all of this conflicting info. Can anyone please tell me a rock solid, definite answer?

If I could figure this part out I would finally feel comfortable rooting my phone but if I cant reliably flash the phone back to factory settings I really dont feel comfortable rooting a MetroPCS corporate issued Samsung Indulge.

Any help clearing up this information from the androidforums.com community would be greatly appreciated!

Upvote 0
So I'm trying to figure out how to flash my samsung galaxy indulge back to factory settings using ODIN3 (software provided courtesy of shabbypenguin) and after watching a couple of youtube videos on how to do this with the samsung galaxy s I get the gist of it but still have a couple of questions.

Shabby said to disregard the pit file. But after watching the youtube video I noticed that a different file goes under pda, phone, and csc.

Shabby only sent me one file (indulge-stock.tar)

Does this file go under pda, phone, AND csc? And then I take the sd card out and battery and reboot the phone holding the volume button down + home button + power button and file shoudl download automatically? Does the sim card come out of the indulge too? I have been warned by corporate that removing the sim card would void the warranty and cause the phone to malfunction!!) I am so confused with all of this conflicting info. Can anyone please tell me a rock solid, definite answer?

If I could figure this part out I would finally feel comfortable rooting my phone but if I cant reliably flash the phone back to factory settings I really dont feel comfortable rooting a MetroPCS corporate issued Samsung Indulge.

Any help clearing up this information from the androidforums.com community would be greatly appreciated!

i sent you a pm on what to do, watching videos of other phones doesnt make it work on yours. you need that one file, thats all.. pda contains the software for the system, phone is for modems.. since you shouldnt be flashing random modems then its not a concern.

leave the sd card in, do not use teh pit how would removing the sim void warranty? is there a seal for you to break or does it slide right in and out??

Upvote 0
DroidsAtMetro - Why are you concerned about this? Can't you just say the phone was lost or fell to the bottom of a lake while fishing or something when you go to swap?

Because we get half off on any phone we want and free service as long as we return the previous device. Insurance cost money to process and I would lose any discounts on any future devices because its not the original device.

Plus occasionally we get recruited to test future phones that havent been released yet and they ask us to turn in the old ones. If they find out I rooted the phone I'll probably be terminated.

Upvote 0
i sent you a pm on what to do, watching videos of other phones doesnt make it work on yours. you need that one file, thats all.. pda contains the software for the system, phone is for modems.. since you shouldnt be flashing random modems then its not a concern.

leave the sd card in, do not use teh pit how would removing the sim void warranty? is there a seal for you to break or does it slide right in and out??

The way they explained it is removing the sim card voids the warranty because it somehow messes up the phones 4G data connection. I will have to ask them to clear up how exactly it does this tomorrow and I'll give you a better explanation.

Ok so just insert the file into PDA, leave the sd card in and connect the phone and just hit start? Its that simple? Do I not need to take the battery out, press volume down + home + power button? Do i need to check the box that says re-partition?

Upvote 0
Ok so i turned my phone off and restarted it with the 9 and power pressed and my phone screen says "downloading..."do not turn off target!!" ODIN shows com4. i deleted the pit file that came with ODIn and clicked on pda and selected the tar and unchecked all the other boxes except auto reboot and clicked start.

it said: <OSM> all threads completed. (succeed 0/failed 0)

and my phone still says downloading...do not turn off target!!! "

Now what? If I turn off my phone will it be bricked?? Now i dont know if I should turn my phone off. What do i do??

Upvote 0
Well, wouldn't want to see you terminated so I understand. Thought it may be something like that but wasn't sure. Good luck to ya!

rjsweesy - Yes, but are you not fascinated to peer into the machine? I am!

Thank you for understading. I think I got it to work. I nearly shit my pants for a minute there when I took the battery out and put it back in and the phone showed me some weird screen with a apic of a phone, yellow triangle, and a pic of a laptop. reconected phone and the process started.

unfortunately factory settings were not applied. still regular settings....

Upvote 0
Thank you for understading. I think I got it to work. I nearly shit my pants for a minute there when I took the battery out and put it back in and the phone showed me some weird screen with a apic of a phone, yellow triangle, and a pic of a laptop. reconected phone and the process started.

unfortunately factory settings were not applied. still regular settings....

jesus dude i said only use it if you needed to return to stock, if nothing was written then do a battery pull... why would you do it it now? anyways like i said it is a screwy program... sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, i know it doesnt like samsung usb cables

Upvote 0
jesus dude i said only use it if you needed to return to stock, if nothing was written then do a battery pull... why would you do it it now? anyways like i said it is a screwy program... sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, i know it doesnt like samsung usb cables

one thing i've learned is that common sense aint all too common in this world. especially when its about something that isnt a common subject like flashing and rooting. anywayz i appreciate all the help. im sorry if i frustrated you. i havent rooted it yet but i wanted to make sure that the flashing process would work and i assumed that flashing the phone would return it back to factory settings even if the phone wasnt rooted....i guess this assumption is wrong?

Upvote 0
no it would, but like i said odin is a fickle beast, sometimes it just wont work on a computer sometimes its the usb cable sometimes its the phone.. my frustration towards you was in that with odin you can mess your phone up if you pick the wrong things/files and ANY warranty center can tell if its because of a bad odin flash. i know you kept mentioning that you needed this phone ot be working at all times etc etc, so if that were to happen i would certainly feel bad. i will talk to k0 about making it a bit easier and just making a one click remover for root

Upvote 0
no it would, but like i said odin is a fickle beast, sometimes it just wont work on a computer sometimes its the usb cable sometimes its the phone.. my frustration towards you was in that with odin you can mess your phone up if you pick the wrong things/files and ANY warranty center can tell if its because of a bad odin flash. i know you kept mentioning that you needed this phone ot be working at all times etc etc, so if that were to happen i would certainly feel bad. i will talk to k0 about making it a bit easier and just making a one click remover for root

That would be pretty awesome. In that case, I'm probably going to have to play on the safe side and be patient (sigh) and just wait to root it until there is a facilitated way to unroot.

Anything you guys need, just let me know

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones