• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I have a Vivo V5 1601 and it's android 6.0 sir... No system updates anymore so I want to root it no matter what.. I'll face whatever the consequences are and fix it on my own.. I'm a good researcher that brings me here.. Been researching how to root my phone for 3 days now..
why do you want to root the device? there is no custom recovery and there are no custom roms? basically there is no development community to support the phone.

just remember no devs=no fun

never root a phone unless there is at the very least a custom recovery for the phone. a custom recovery like TWRP, allows you to do many things. the main thing that a custom recovery can do is make a nandroid backup. they are complete backups of your phone.....so if you flash the wrong thing or some how you screwed up.....as long as you have a custom recovery, you can just nandroid restore your backup and you have a working phone.

without a custom recovery, you will be taking a huge risk with your phone. you can easily brick it, if you are not very careful on what you do, once the phone is rooted.

so for me no custom recovery=no root

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
I have a Vivo V5 1601 and it's android 6.0 sir... No system updates anymore so I want to root it no matter what.. I'll face whatever the consequences are and fix it on my own.. I'm a good researcher that brings me here.. Been researching how to root my phone for 3 days now..
if you feel like it you can learn how to port twrp to your device:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/dev-how-to-compile-twrp-touch-recovery.1943625/#post-32965365

and the basic steps to root is to:
  1. unlock the bootloader
  2. gain root by either the use of SuperUser or SU....looks like it will be hard to find a link for SU as it is old tech
  3. or gain root by Magisk
now you are rooted.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones