• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rooted -now need apps back

rgs

Before rooting I used Mybackup Pro to do an online backup. Then I made a gold card on my original card and then also flashed the gold card info to a new faster 8 gig card which I had formatted in put in my phone. I then ran Unrevoked which worked fine but when I tried to get my online backup back, Mybackup Pro keeps saying my pin and email address are incorrect although they're the correct ones. I have all the apps on the original sdcard so I assume there's a way to get them over to the new one but I'm not sure how. If I put the original card back in the phone now I assume I'm still rooted so I assume I can then download Titanium Backup, do a backup, copy the backup to my computer, put the faster card back in and copy it back from the computer and restore it. Any problems with this or is there a better way?
Richard

Before rooting I used Mybackup Pro to do an online backup. Then I made a gold card on my original card and then also flashed the gold card info to a new faster 8 gig card which I had formatted in put in my phone. I then ran Unrevoked which worked fine but when I tried to get my online backup back, Mybackup Pro keeps saying my pin and email address are incorrect although they're the correct ones. I have all the apps on the original sdcard so I assume there's a way to get them over to the new one but I'm not sure how. If I put the original card back in the phone now I assume I'm still rooted so I assume I can then download Titanium Backup, do a backup, copy the backup to my computer, put the faster card back in and copy it back from the computer and restore it. Any problems with this or is there a better way?
Richard

In what way are the apps on your old sd card?

Please elaborate on this so we can better.help you

titanium imo is more reliable than my backup, i dont know about the email address thing as i dont use it

i read this in your post

Then I made a gold card on my original card and then also flashed the gold card info to a new faster 8 gig card which I had formatted in put in my phone
BIG NO NO

this is not a gold card, it will fail to work as a goldcard as the CID image for a gold card is unique to the microsd card and the desire together.
you cannot use an image for another gold card to flash a new one, you have to create a new image by doing the process again.
i learned this the hard way

Reactions: rgs
Thanks. After posting the above I managed to access my Mybackup Pro online backup and restore them to the phone. I'm now doing a Titanium backup that I will copy to the computer when it finishes. I'll then boot into recovery and do a nandroid backup. And then I'll flash a ROM.
Thanks Rastaman for the info on the gold card. I thought I had read that somewhere but when I went back to look, I couldn't find it. Fortunately, I have one gold card made - the original one from the phone - so I should be ok. I suppose I could make another now even though I've rooted, could I not?
Richard

Back
Top Bottom