• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted...Now What

had to install clockwork recovery...everything going good now, installing fresh than ill do the two radios...thanks dude...

what should i do next after its all said and done, any recommended apps or games...this is my first android

*Wifi tether. This will allow you to connect a computer to your phones Internet and use it when your not near wifi. This should come with fresh.

*Shootme- free from market. Take screenshots of your screen to share with whomever!

*Home run battle 3D is a lot of fun! Probably my favorite game on the evo. There is a free version in the market. Check it out if your interested in baseball.

*Quick Boot- free from the market. Allows you do reboot to fastboot, reboot, or recovery from the app. Simple, but great.

*Titanium backup- Free from market, allows you to backup all your apps (Should you decide down the road to flash something new or need to wipe for some reason)

I suggest one of freshs kernels from Fresh updater (which comes with the rom)
You can overclock with these, but they are clocked stock without being touched. They undervolt which means better battery. However, clockwork seems to not like these updates, and usually RA is required.

*SetCPU- if you decide that you DO want to overclock, this is a paid app in the market, or free over at xda. Just search for it.

*Root explorer- Browse all your files with root permissions (Read/write) Paid.
Free alternative ES file manager. Good apps for managing files on sd card etc.

*Cachemate- one stop shop. Clear all your app caches at once. :D

Pretty much all those are apps that require root. As for other games and such, just check out the market. There are a bunch of free ones out there that are a lot of fun, depending on what exactly you're into. This should get you started though.

Upvote 0
*Wifi tether. This will allow you to connect a computer to your phones Internet and use it when your not near wifi. This should come with fresh.

*Shootme- free from market. Take screenshots of your screen to share with whomever!

*Home run battle 3D is a lot of fun! Probably my favorite game on the evo. There is a free version in the market. Check it out if your interested in baseball.

*Quick Boot- free from the market. Allows you do reboot to fastboot, reboot, or recovery from the app. Simple, but great.

*Titanium backup- Free from market, allows you to backup all your apps (Should you decide down the road to flash something new or need to wipe for some reason)

I suggest one of freshs kernels from Fresh updater (which comes with the rom)
You can overclock with these, but they are clocked stock without being touched. They undervolt which means better battery. However, clockwork seems to not like these updates, and usually RA is required.

*SetCPU- if you decide that you DO want to overclock, this is a paid app in the market, or free over at xda. Just search for it.

*Root explorer- Browse all your files with root permissions (Read/write) Paid.
Free alternative ES file manager. Good apps for managing files on sd card etc.

*Cachemate- one stop shop. Clear all your app caches at once. :D

Pretty much all those are apps that require root. As for other games and such, just check out the market. There are a bunch of free ones out there that are a lot of fun, depending on what exactly you're into. This should get you started though.

i appreciate all the help dude, just loading up the last radio...atleast this fresh rom took out all the sprint nonsense

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones