• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting challenge accepted!

actually thats not really how you do it lol.

Tbh im not really sure if you have data that you dont want going out to anyone online without asking you to wipe the thing o.o

do you have a custom recovery installed by any chance? If so I can probably write up a script for you to run if you got cwm on it by any chance

edit: turn usb debugging on and type in adb shell mount in the command prompt and pastebin the results for now

Haha my bad

So if this works will we have play market for the 4.0 and will it make none compatible apps compatible with the og warp? Or will it be like a rom?

team Sequent,
32 hours with just the stock device + necessary programs to tether & download.
No incoming calls, so y'all are welcome for my boring 'sick' day. :musicus:

The only user downloaded apps are:
aLogcat, CPU Spy, Deep Sleep Info, Drippler, FoxFi, & PdaNet.
Tethered download of SDK Installer @ 1Gbps w Pda.
Even with multiple trips to the Task Manager to process kill the Connections Opti'miser',
So it can be done, USB tether w/o Root.

PM me for the link.
I'll dropbox for the time being until the root is finished and we are all much happier hotrodders,
BYO:smokingsomb:

So if this works will we have play market for the 4.0 and will it make none compatible apps compatible with the og warp? Or will it be like a rom?

I will be porting. But as far as root, just go to the super user website and download the latest flashable that is signed. I would think it work. Does on the old warp

Lol I'm rooted and running noob v.I
I was asking becouse I want to play grand theft auto III bad so Im asking if this will make our phones be able to play more games or just change the look (I'm trying to understand if this is gonna be a rom or are y'all gonna be able to give the og warp 4.0 for real) what are the goals?

P.s. downthemachine your the best dude and do a great job u and snakex can make anything happen I'm honored to use yalls work thank y'all for everything

Tried above link bat file. Thought root worked the script installed super user in system apps. But still can't grant root privilege to apps.

You still need a copy of ext4check.sh ?

[Bash] ext4check.sh - Pastebin.com

Looking at the recovery partition it should be simple to make a custom recovery and then hopefully the standard su update.zip should do the trick

Thanks for dropping in Sebastian. Long time no see! If I get time I'll take a look at it. I'd need someone to adb pull the recovery partition so I can get the ramdisk.
From there it looks pretty simple, bit I would end up needing a white knuckle tester no afraid of crap, because I don't have the sequent

I have a strange feeling that superoneclick w old exploit ratc will work.

Sorry no dice I have tried superone click also and zerge root. No luck. I have tried various universal methods from xda. Sorry if I find a method that works I will post.

Sorry no dice I have tried superone click also and zerge root. No luck. I have tried various universal methods from xda. Sorry if I find a method that works I will post.

RATC has been shown to work on newer devices strangely enough and it seemed worth a shot.

I'm sorry that I've been away guys, I was jogging with my phone in my pocket and took a pretty nasty fall and destroyed it . So I had to wait for another one to be sent to my house. This is my only net connection at the moment. Please let me know if you still need my help

Hi guys, I just bought my sequent and I want to help make progress. How can I help try to pull a dump or whatever else we need for this thing?

Back
Top Bottom