• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting with a Mac?

dougrb

I've done a search and couldn't find anything so I'll just ask. I'll likely be getting either an Epic or EVO and my wife will be getting 'something' as well. I'd like to root them, but haven't seen any instructions on how to do so on a Mac (10.6.4).

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks !

Doug

bump3.jpg

I should also ask, while I'm at it, whether or not using a Mac will limit what I can do in any way with an Android phone ?

Doug

And for the record, I'm not looking for an response the likes of which an idiot such as "joshtheitguy" from The Android Community likes to dole out, which is to stop using a crappy OS like OS X and just install Linux, or get a real PC and stop using a Mac.

Guess that's another bump, though I'm guessing that the process should be the same on a Mac, just put the firmware on an SD card and update from there ?

Doug

Edit: Can a mod/admin please delete this thread ? I have deemed it absolutely useless. I should have just Google'd to begin with.

you can root with a mac. it doesn't limit what you can do- although it may make it a little harder, as most of the 'one click' solutions are not made for mac (at least not at first).

Back
Top Bottom