• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rugby Smart Basebands (Radio interface components)

Motorhead1991

Android Expert
Mar 7, 2012
Pasco, WA
Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for damages caused by flashing this file. This may or may not work on Canadian and European systems. Flash at your own risk!

For those that recieved the OTA update a few months ago, you may have noticed a slightly slower but more consistent and stronger signal. This is due to the baseband that came with the update. Well, now we know where that is located, so we can change it.

Thanks to newbit of xda, I bring you clockworkmod flashable basebands.

UCLA4 (initial)
and
UCLH4 (OTA)

To install:
1. Download the file, and place it on your EXTERNAL SD card

2. Boot into recovery and select "install zip from sd card", then "choose zip from sd card"

3. Scroll down to either ucla4.zip or uclh4.zip and select it.

4. Select yes and let the file run.

5. Reboot the device

I make no promises that this will work on anything older than 6.0.1.2, as that is all I use.

UPDATE: I can confirm that these also work on TWRP 2.3.2.3, though that side project hasn't been announced yet ;).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones