• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Running MiRaGe, But Have Four Small Concerns

JoRoy

Lurker
Per AndyOpie, I flashed the MiRaGe ROM (with Gingerbread 2.3.7) and I love it. I'm brand new to this process, though, and have four concerns/questions (in order of importance):

1. I set up the pattern lock screen function (as I've always used), but the basic slide-to-unlock function is still there before the pattern, essentially forcing me to unlock my phone twice every time I wake it up. Can this be fixed?

2. Is there, by any chance, a way to modify the layout of the Android keyboard? Specifically, I use commas WAY more than I use emoticons, and would rather have a comma button there instead of the " :-) " button. Any suggestions?

3. The Optimus V, as everyone knows, has battery life issues. Pre-root, I found Juice Defender to be a life saver. Should I continue using it, or are the battery wasting features mostly disabled in these modified ROMs? Or does anyone recommend an app better than Juice Defender?

4. The scanner for Amazon's Price Check app has never worked on my phone. I hoped the ROM update would fix that, but it didn't. Any ideas?

Much thanks for your time.

1. Not to my knowledge.
2. You can try a different keyboard from the market.
Note: I use Keyboard Manager so I can have one keyboard in portrait and another in landscape.
3. No. Turn everything off. Everything. Just turn it on when needed.
Note: I have Periodic Auto Sync set to sync every 4 hours for 1 minute. This leaves sync off the rest of the time.
I also have Notification Toggle which adds even more toggles to the pulldown. I have 10 system toggles in the pulldown now.

Yes, you can disable the slider for unlock. The setting is deep down in Cynanomod settings, but it is there. I use pattern only, and never see a slider unless phone is locked and a call comes in.

EDIT: the option is in Unlock Option, see Disable unlock slider, note the fine print, you must also enable the menu key to make this work. This means you must press the menu key to wake the phone, you'll get used to it

Back
Top Bottom