• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Running your phone without a battery installed

begleysm

Lurker
Nov 26, 2012
Hello,

I have a project that I'm considering using an HTC Droid Incredible 2 for. I'd like to run the phone off USB power but WITHOUT a battery installed into the phone.

Can someone who owns an Incredible 2 please try turning their phone on with USB power plugged in but the battery removed and report back whether this works or not?

Thanks,
begleysm

As far as I'm aware (this is the case for most android devices), the battery completes a circuit, so if you plug the device in without the battery, it won't work.

I have at least 1 android phone where you can run it without a battery with usb power plugged in. This is why I would like a reply from someone who has tried this, specifically, with the HTC Droid Incredible 2.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones