• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Running

Steven58

Former Heavyweight Champion of Android Forums
I don't know if folks remember that I used to run. Well, I did. I ran 4 marathons and various other races like 5Ks, 10Ks, etc. While in my running days, I developed a neuroma in the ball of my foot, which is a thickening of the the nerve between the 3rd and 4th toes, which makes running nearly impossible so I stopped.

So much happened since. I herniated my disc, lost my first wife to cancer, remarried and had a baby who's 9 months. No running, only walking. Well, skip ahead to nowadays. In June I ordered two more pairs of walking shoes from Amazon. They send me one pair of walking shoes and one of running shoes. Mistake? Yes, but no. I wondered if I could run again. I liked the running shoes. I looked it up online and the running shoe had a low heel drop. What does that mean? If you look at typical running shoes (not flats) nowadays, they are higher at the heel, dropping to the toe box. I looked it up and you WANT a low heel drop to take pressure off the ball of your foot, especially for a neuroma. Well, I've been running since June and have entered my first 5K in about 15 years this Sunday!

Another issue is that I really pushed a run yesterday, it was slow and my lungs were tight. I have a new pulmonologist who, I believe, is beginning more accurately to treat my asthma. I started on his treatment (nebulizer) last night and had ZERO usual problems this morning considering it's allergy season.

My run was easy and fast with no chest tightness! I shaved 6 minutes off my 5K time from yesterday. SIX MINUTES! No pain and I felt like I was flying! Additionally, AppleWatch said my V02 Max jumped some points between yesterday and today. After the 5k distance today, I finished running completing 5 miles. I am so happy about this that I had to share what is essentially a fitness rebirth for me. Can't wait for Sunday now!

Thanks for reading.

Steven

Friends, advise, if I had a long run and did not run, how many kilometers can I run so as not to harm myself
We get spammers here all the time who test post, but the mods are always watching. I mean the other mods. Me? I'm not as good a mod as I used to. My glory days are past, alas! ;). I'm trusting this isn't the case! It's just that your post makes no sense. Welcome to you, though!

We get spammers here all the time who test post, but the mods are always watching. I mean the other mods. Me? I'm not as good a mod as I used to. My glory days are past, alas! ;). I'm trusting this isn't the case! It's just that your post makes no sense. Welcome to you, though!
If it's Spam please remove them. Earn that paycheck. Lazy... :eek: 😏

Back
Top Bottom