• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root RUU download mirrors.

quick question: when I downloaded the RUU zip file, I extracted it, but it also contained "firmware.zip". should I extract that as well? also, where do I find <myruu>.exe ?

sorry for the late response,but it will not work. i apologize for the mis-information earlier,i didnt notice that you and an OTA_ville_xxxx and not an RUU_ville_xxxx.

what that is,is a signed package to update a phone from whatever build to the 3.16.661.4.

in order make use of it,youd need to be on the correct release keys build(im not sure what number that would be),and youd need to have a stock recovery,and all bloat still in place. plus the correct CID/model ID.

once again,sorry i confused you,didnt notice you had an OTA and not an RUU :o

sorry for the late response,but it will not work. i apologize for the mis-information earlier,i didnt notice that you and an OTA_ville_xxxx and not an RUU_ville_xxxx.

what that is,is a signed package to update a phone from whatever build to the 3.16.661.4.

in order make use of it,youd need to be on the correct release keys build(im not sure what number that would be),and youd need to have a stock recovery,and all bloat still in place. plus the correct CID/model ID.

once again,sorry i confused you,didnt notice you had an OTA and not an RUU :o

dang, I'm starting to think I can't get this thing working again :(

Completely stock, yet one day I turned my phone on and it got stuck in a bootloop. factory reset or recovery don't work from the hboot menu (they just put it back into the loop), but luckily I can use fastboot. I tried unlocking the bootloader and flashing CWM on there, but I still can't open recovery. :(

RUU_Ville_U_TMOUS_1.53.531.16_Radio_0.16.31501S - 762e8700616d0c72ddf7b154d2f777d9

I got this from the Ville Shipped ROM Collection at File Factory. Which I found from this thread on xda ([ROM]Ville Shipped ROM Collection)

I didn't like how long it took to download and the fact that if enough people were downloading it at the same time that you would be denied access. So this is just a mirror of the file there.

Hi, WHich one can i use on mi device?

bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.01.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 16.15.20.29
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid:
(bootloader) product: villec2