• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S Memo widget issues

ryandelman

In case anyone runs into the pain-in-the-arse issue I had been, I wanted to offer a bit of a work-around, though I will preface this by saying you need to be rooted and it's not really a true fix because I'm not sure where the problem is:

Anyway, if any of you like to use S Memo as your daily to-do list and then like to keep the list in front of you constantly in the form of a widget so that you cant POSSIBLY forget to actually do your to-do's, you've noticed that if you're running an alternative launcher (Go Launcher, ADW, Launcher Pro, etc.) that when you try setting a memo as a widget, the app itself kicks you off the alternative launcher and creates a widget on one of your home screens in TW.

This even happens after you go into Applications (through settings) and "clear defaults" on TouchWiz, and then re-set the alt launcher of your choice.

So, what I've done, and it's worked to this point, is to go into TiBu and actually freeze TouchWiz (not delete, just freeze it), and since then, I've created S Memo widgets that correctly appear on my Go Launcher home screen.

Again, I might be one of the few of us who actually uses S Memo this way, but in case anyone else does too, this ought to work for you.

-Ryan

Back
Top Bottom