• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root S-off - Fail

If the roms are now scripted for s off flashing(for recovery to install the boot image) you might also try fastboot booting your recovery

fastboot boot recoveryimagename.img

Then simply flash the Rom normally. No seperate boot flash should be needed.

10.1 is still being developed... i run it on my rezound,and there is not a developer options setting yet....

I am sure you've found out by now, but to enable developer options go to settings then about phone then tap on build number 5 times

I will get to this I have not disappeared, I was hit by a dump truck friday. I will post results of advice I have been given here soon.

Where do I find the latest CWM ... BTW all the things i was behind on because of accident are now caught up except this.

I think installing the latest CWM is what makes sense to me.

New CWM installed and S-off still failing at last step,

/sbin is a directory but sh is not a directory ???? but it is listed inside of /sbin

what is SH? is it supposed to be a directory? ....

Will try installing Viper again here in a bit.

Have not tried S-off yet, but I think it is going to fail. (reasoning) I downloaded and tried to manually install LBE security from XDA, when I ran " adb install xxxxx.xxx I got an error that said something about /sbin/sh - it was something else not su. But will try again and post results. Soon as I get some coffee.

Here is what I got last night trying to install LBE security obviously it had a different filename -- but I get the same exact error whether trying to install shadow galaxy or LBE ....

C:\Android\New ADB>adb install "Shadow Galaxy.apk"
2808 KB/s (589477 bytes in 0.205s)
/sbin/sh: pm: not found

/sbin is a directory but sh is not a directory ???? but it is listed inside of /sbin

what is SH? is it supposed to be a directory? ....

I have become convinced this is the problem....posted on XDA, if you would read and add to this post if I have missed import info.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2275441

Umm sorry,

Lol I told you I was a noob.....all because I was trying to run adb in recovery.

read XDA post. OTHERWISE !!!! Woo Hoo S-off.

Back
Top Bottom