• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root S-OFF Help?

You should check the rom thread to see what hboot is compatible and flash it before the rom, there's no need to revert to the original hboot to make a stock nandroid, the hboot can only be changed in the bootloader, nandroids and rom flashing will not affect it.

You should check the rom thread to see what hboot is compatible and flash it before the rom, there's no need to revert to the original hboot to make a stock nandroid, the hboot can only be changed in the bootloader, nandroids and rom flashing will not affect it.

The reason I asked in the first place was that the only option after flashing the new H boot flies to reboot. With 4ext recovery I was able to flash and then go into the options to reboot into boot loader. The only problem I had with getting the Evo to Evo 3d thread done was that QPST would not work worth anything.

You should also have the option to power off and then you can just go back into the bootloader and then recovery, qpst is only needed for prl changes, trust me it's not worth the effort for what is mostly a placebo effect.

now that I've got this all done can you tell me how to get rid of that blasted voicemail icon? I flashed Paranoid Android and a stupid voicemail icon came back. I thought I got rid of it. I changed my number, and I also have virgin mobile clear my voicemail inbox. I don't know what else to do

now that I've got this all done can you tell me how to get rid of that blasted voicemail icon? I flashed Paranoid Android and a stupid voicemail icon came back. I thought I got rid of it. I changed my number, and I also have virgin mobile clear my voicemail inbox. I don't know what else to do

Try clearing cache/data under settings-phone. By the way do you have an old VM phone that would have voicemails on it?

Try clearing cache/data under settings-phone. By the way do you have an old VM phone that would have voicemails on it?

I gave my triumph to my fiancé. But, I do have an old Optimus v that I could use. Would that work? What do I have to do to Switch my number back to that phone, and then when I'm done back to the HTC?

Exactly, if you can't delete from the Evo then it's usually a voice mail that's on Virgin but this phone uses Sprint for Voice mail, just swap out the phone on the website, delete the message and then switch back. Unfortunately I think that you're only allowed one swap per 24 hours.

Exactly, if you can't delete from the Evo then it's usually a voice mail that's on Virgin but this phone uses Sprint for Voice mail, just swap out the phone on the website, delete the message and then switch back. Unfortunately I think that you're only allowed one swap per 24 hours.

Do I have to be on any special version of ROM for the HTC phone?

i still can't get s-off, i have harmonia installed but when i go to run controlbear it
keeps saying:

FAILEDStarting up......
Connecting to device...
Testing ADB connection
FAILEDPress ENTER to exit.....

I did, still nothing

Be sure that you use the control bear drivers. In the instructions, there is a download link for a special version of driver.

I love these forums, everyone helps so much. I love a good helpful community. Thank you guys!

Back
Top Bottom