• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root S-OFF, root successful.. Then a factory reset. Need a fix!

cool. youll need a usb adapter/card reader to get a few things on and off your sd card. i whipped up a "downgrader" hboot that is overwriteable,for meself a while back,it should work for you.

first download this,and simply flash it in recovery:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=23169557&postcount=4

this will lower your main version so you dont have any prollems runing an ruu

download this:
PG32IMG_downgrader_hboot_vivow.zip

md5 PG32IMG_downgrader_hboot_vivow.zip 3ff6bcc1b6e5ecde87c268f7f078d843
double and triple check it!

rename to PG32IMG and transfer to your FAT32 formatted sd card. put the sd card back in the phone,then boot to hboot. allow the update.

now just run an ruu. you can use this one:
http://androidfiles.org/ruu/securek....01.1111_NV_VZW1.92_release_225831_signed.exe
wich is a .exe file run on the PC. you can run it with the phone in fastboot,or in the booted OS.

if you want,you can extract rom.zip in this manner:
the .exe utilities can be finicky,so if you have trouble getting it to run, you can extract "rom.zip" in the following manner:
-start the utility
-check the "i understand" box to move on to the next screen
-hide the utility temporarily out of site
-search your C drive for "rom.zip". you will find it in a temporary location(it will be in a different spot each time you run the utility)
-open the folder location,and transfer rom.zip to a safe location on your PC.
-unhide and cancel the utility,youre done with it.
-rom.zip can be renamed to PxxxIMG and flashed in hboot,from a FAT32 sd card

it can be renamed "PG32IMG" and flashed in hboot,from the sd card :)

edit: dont use that OTA file,it will fail,or jam you up :eek:

cool. youll need a usb adapter/card reader to get a few things on and off your sd card. i whipped up a "downgrader" hboot that is overwriteable,for meself a while back,it should work for you.

first download this,and simply flash it in recovery:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=23169557&postcount=4

this will lower your main version so you dont have any prollems runing an ruu

download this:
PG32IMG_downgrader_hboot_vivow.zip

md5 PG32IMG_downgrader_hboot_vivow.zip 3ff6bcc1b6e5ecde87c268f7f078d843
double and triple check it!

rename to PG32IMG and transfer to your FAT32 formatted sd card. put the sd card back in the phone,then boot to hboot. allow the update.

now just run an ruu. you can use this one:
Androidfiles RUU
wich is a .exe file run on the PC. you can run it with the phone in fastboot,or in the booted OS.

if you want,you can extract rom.zip in this manner:

it can be renamed "PG32IMG" and flashed in hboot,from the sd card :)

edit: dont use that OTA file,it will fail,or jam you up :eek:

Thank you for all your help. I'm still working on this. I'm having a hard time with my daughters Vista laptop. Can't get it booted up to extract the rom.zip

When I do get this all done will it still be S-OFF? Do I need to S-On before sending the device to HTC?

Thanks again Scotty!!

Nope... When you're done it will be s on. The downgrader hboot will replace the revolutionary one. It's overwritable,so the ruu will replace it with a factory one :)

Nope... When you're done it will be s on. The downgrader hboot will replace the revolutionary one. It's overwritable,so the ruu will replace it with a factory one :)

Ok, I'm having some extreme difficulty finding the rom.zip after running the RUU. I've searched the C drive and the whole computer over and over for rom.zip or just rom but come up empty handed. Any advice? :confused:

Ok, I'm having some extreme difficulty finding the rom.zip after running the RUU. I've searched the C drive and the whole computer over and over for rom.zip or just rom but come up empty handed. Any advice? :confused:

After flashing the zip,and changing the hboot,you can just run the .exe. I can upload that one as a zip to shipped roms,but that will take a lil time.

Technially,you can run any ruu you want. If you have or can find an older zip file,you can use it. The phone will want to ota(possibly a few times) afterward :)

After flashing the zip,and changing the hboot,you can just run the .exe. I can upload that one as a zip to shipped roms,but that will take a lil time.

Technially,you can run any ruu you want. If you have or can find an older zip file,you can use it. The phone will want to ota(possibly a few times) afterward :)

I run the exe, confirm the "accept" box on the RUU and then start searching for the rom.zip. Problem is the USB port is borked on the phone so I can't just plug it in. I've got to find that rom.zip to copy to the card.

Back
Top Bottom