• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S3 automatically goes to mute

dheymann

Aug 10, 2011
Can't find a solution to this problem though I have found threads where it was discussed. My wife's Galaxy S3 goes to mute from full volume automatically. She is not hitting the volume button to cause this. Sometimes it does it within minutes of her turning the volume back up. I read some threads that seemed to indicate an app was causing this but no one said which one. One person mentioned AVG but it was not clear what he was saying. Has anyone seen this behavior?

Well, if no solution is found, I may have to suggest a factory reset for her device.
Some folks have issues after an update, some don't, and usually it is recommended to factory reset after an update when issues with no resolutions are found :( .

Thanks. hate to do it but I will if I have to. I really appreciate your help. Surprised this only happened to her and no one else (or at least no one posted that it happened to them).

Upvote 0
It's been happening on my S3 for the past few days I've noticed. In fact, I noticed that I missed a text coming in this morning, so I checked the system volume and it was down to zero. I turned it up all the way, put my phone in it's holster, took care of a few things, went out to my car, checked the phone and it was turned all the way down again. I hadn't touched the phone for anything, and no active apps were open (I close apps whenever possible, I don't just hit the home button).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones