• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Why wouldn't you just get a free replacement phone? VM is so cheap you don't have to pay for warranties, insurance, 2x cheaper than many other phone companies and you save tons of money on ebay through their top up cards. What can you expect from the VM customer service? They are clueless idiots so I don't even go to them for help ,except when I need a new phone.

There was no replacement phone to be had...

I don't see the point you are trying to make with the rest of your post. I already said I don't do warranties or insurance.

Stop trying to convince me to buy from a terrible company. They don't deserve my money, every time I have shopped there I've had a negative experience. I will not be giving them $400 bucks and expecting no customer service. That's a lot of cash to give someone to piss on you.

Upvote 0
I'm taking about radio shack...
Interesting. I've never purchased a phone from them. I prefer Best Buy, but I went there first, and they don't have them in stock yet. So I went to RadioShack and got one there. I rarely go there and never buy anything from them, so I don't know how their CS usually is, but the customer in front of me was basically in a shouting match with the employee, and they were having a huge fight. I thought they were going to get physical.

Upvote 0
Interesting. I've never purchased a phone from them. I prefer Best Buy, but I went there first, and they don't have them in stock yet. So I went to RadioShack and got one there. I rarely go there and never buy anything from them, so I don't know how their CS usually is, but the customer in front of me was basically in a shouting match with the employee, and they were having a huge fight. I thought they were going to get physical.

Average day, it's a terrible business.

Upvote 0
I got it. It's lovely.
And I actually got it from RS and it wasn't a terrible experience, but by all means it wasn't great.
I definitely mentioned Virgin Mobile like three times and she comes out with an S3 for Boost and I was like, "I need Virgin...that's Boost...there's a difference..."
And the employees were playing rock-paper-scissors for who was going to wash the windows...
But that aside, I love the phone.

Upvote 0
I thought you ment Virgin Mobile. Radio Shack I hate them. They are always rude to customers from what I hear. I wen there got my s3 the guy was a little rude, but I didn't mind plus half of the employees kept asking me if I wanted AA batteries or gift cards or something else. Lol

They're not to bad in my area but yeah your right about the batteries, lol

Upvote 0
Wow when did radio shack get bad? I guess I live in a rock or live in a place with better radio shacks :p but that kind of stuff from radio shack is unheard of here.

Apparently around here, and back where we used to live, service level at RS depends upon gender. I go in and am treated atrociously, and am talked down to like I am a stupid 5 year old. My husband goes in, asking the identical questions and gets actual respectful service. :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones