• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Sadly I bid you farewell

An UrgeTo Dance

The Hero of the Winds
Jul 22, 2010
So as most of you can tell from the title, I have finally upgraded. I have been holding on to my upgrade since December and something finally made me want it; I have moved to the shiny pastures of the Galaxy Nexus. I sadly say farewell to all of my friends here, but I assure you I will still poke around. Hopefully I will see some of you over in the Galaxy Nexus forum soon, right now the root section is pretty dead and I would like some company. I will always consider this thread to be my first rooting home.

Urge

Upvote 0
So far it is awesome, my only complaints are the stock dialer and messaging app. Google needs to get rid of both. Both of those are easily replaced by the likes of Go Contacts and Go SMS. ICS runs so beautifully and smoother than butter. I have yet to flash a ROM, trying to make sure I will still get my Google Wallet money before I do. The camera is a lot better than many say it is (Gizmodo) and the on screen buttons don't take long to get used to. Overall I would say it is worthy of its Nexus name and would recommend it to anyone looking for a new phone. It may not have some of the cool things the One X/Evo LTE have but the fact that it is a Nexus and will be supported not only by the developer community but also google makes up for it. Also I have yet to experience any data connectivity issues like some are saying and my battery last me all day but not as good as I had my Evo running with Masson Kernel.

EDIT: Sorry for the not very organized wall of text lol

Upvote 0
So as most of you can tell from the title, I have finally upgraded. I have been holding on to my upgrade since December and something finally made me want it; I have moved to the shiny pastures of the Galaxy Nexus. I sadly say farewell to all of my friends here, but I assure you I will still poke around. Hopefully I will see some of you over in the Galaxy Nexus forum soon, right now the root section is pretty dead and I would like some company. I will always consider this thread to be my first rooting home.

Urge

It's all good Urge, I'm just glad you've got something that makes you happy. :)

My buddy has a Nexus on Verizon, we've rooted it and I've been helping him sort out kernels and roms. He loves it as well. ;)

Maybe I'll see you over in the Galaxy Nexus forum, Urge...

The man the myth returns!!! :D

How've you been akazabam? We've really missed you around the forums, I hope all the real life stuff is going well for you. :)

I'll make the assumption you've got a Nexus as well? What do you think about it?

I had a 3vo for about 2 weeks and my wife made me take it back so she could get a LTEvo in November. The 3vo was a sweet phone too, it was fast as hell!! I'll be getting the LTEvo next week, hopefully :rolleyes:.

Good to see you around akaza!! :)

Upvote 0
How've you been akazabam? We've really missed you around the forums, I hope all the real life stuff is going well for you. :)

I'll make the assumption you've got a Nexus as well? What do you think about it?

I had a 3vo for about 2 weeks and my wife made me take it back so she could get a LTEvo in November. The 3vo was a sweet phone too, it was fast as hell!! I'll be getting the LTEvo next week, hopefully :rolleyes:.

Good to see you around akaza!! :)

Hey Akaz!

Hey guys :). Yeah, I guess it's been a while since I last posted. I do indeed have a galaxy nexus now. I contemplated getting the Evo LTE, but I think I'm done with HTC for a while. I'm fully well aware of the fact that it has better specs than the galaxy nexus, but I don't really care. It will probably never be noticeable to me. I've just had it with all the bloat, build issues, etc., and no matter what, AOSP ROMs will always be a little buggy on a phone that wasn't designed to run one. I'm definitely happy with the galaxy nexus. Google did a great job with ICS. I'm just afraid the developer community for the Evo LTE won't be what it was for the Evo 4g. I could be wrong. That said, I'll still miss my Evo 4g.

I'll still hang out in this part of the forum anyway and try to post a little more often. You probably won't hear much from me for a month or so though. I'm going to be a dad some time within the next week or so :).

Upvote 0
Hey guys :). Yeah, I guess it's been a while since I last posted. I do indeed have a galaxy nexus now. I contemplated getting the Evo LTE, but I think I'm done with HTC for a while. I'm fully well aware of the fact that it has better specs than the galaxy nexus, but I don't really care. It will probably never be noticeable to me. I've just had it with all the bloat, build issues, etc., and no matter what, AOSP ROMs will always be a little buggy on a phone that wasn't designed to run one. I'm definitely happy with the galaxy nexus. Google did a great job with ICS. I'm just afraid the developer community for the Evo LTE won't be what it was for the Evo 4g. I could be wrong. That said, I'll still miss my Evo 4g.

I'll still hang out in this part of the forum anyway and try to post a little more often. You probably won't hear much from me for a month or so though. I'm going to be a dad some time within the next week or so :).

Congrats on that. Fun times ahead for you for sure. Likely sleep deprived but worth every second.

Upvote 0

Urge
Sad to see ya go, but it sounds like it's to a nicer phone. I didn't know about those buttons on the screen, that's kinda odd. But what do I know? Sounds like you are enjoying your device, and I bet you that some more evo folks will be swimming towards the nexus as upgrades start showing up.

Woo! Akazabam is in the house! Glad to hear your doing well, and gonna be a dad! :D Congrats!

Upvote 0

Urge

Good luck with the new phone and I'm sure I'll still see you in the Prime section:beer:

Send one of them my way ;)

I'm still digging the EVO 4G lte, but its looking like they wont be able to get s-off and if Sprint doesn't allow the bootloader to be unlocked (as ATT did for their version) that would really suck

They already confirmed htcdev will have the bootloader unlocked unlike that other idiot carrier, AT&T

Upvote 0

Congrats on becoming a dad, and its God to he from you again. Did you get your nexus on sprint? I thought the same thing about the Evo lte , HTC is going away from being root friendly and the gs3 didn't look like that much of an upgrade from the nexus so the choice was easy for me.

Reactions: frenchy714
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones