• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung A32 and A13 cons?

spman

Android Enthusiast
Feb 26, 2013
I am using Samsung Note8 and it is faulty so I am thinking of buying a A32 (or A13) as a replacement to immediately use now.

What are the cons?

Would I need to have more stable hands to take clear photos? (I guess Note8 has better stabilization specs)

I intend wait for S23 Ultra or S24 Ultra or S25 Ultra when it has symmetrical head and chin bezel.

Thanks.

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?&idPhone2=10753&idPhone1=11665

the a32 has more pixels when it comes to the camera. but, that does not always translates to a better picture. it helps, but it is up to the software to make the picture look good.

the a13 however is running the newer android os and has a slightly larger screen.

tbh its kind of a toss up. but for me personally, i would go with the higher mp camera in the a32. plus the a32 starts with 4 gigs of ram vs 3 gigs with the a13.

Upvote 0
Cons for me are more hardware than software. The phones are too darned big unless you are into basketball or are a sasquatch. The A13 I used for a short time barely fit my jeans pocket with a case on it. Using one of the A-series phones caseless is asking for a bendgate problem (my A01 ended up that way).

Typical modern, boring smartphone with a boring out of box UI that demands themes and days spent reconfiguring it. I just gave up.

Upvote 0
Why Samsung? there are some nice Moto phones in the same price range as the A13/A32, running relatively stock android.
Unfortunately, neither solve the 'huge smartphone' problem. In fact some are even larger. All have the same boring 'modern' UI I'd have to spend days trying to make it look like Android 2.3. again.

I'm just done at this point. Using an AOSP flip phone and my 2012 Galaxy Tabs/Note tablets.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones