• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Samsung avant roms?.

Does anyone know of any roms custom roms for this phone? I rooted and put twrp on my phone but I couldn't find any custom roms. I found a rom called slim rom, but the download link wouldn't work. Thanks.

Does anyone know of any roms custom roms for this phone? I rooted and put twrp on my phone but I couldn't find any custom roms. I found a rom called slim rom, but the download link wouldn't work. Thanks.
No ROMs yet, there are a few in the works though. Stick around, its only the beginning for this phone!

There is this stock ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2845229
I think that's what they are calling slim, since it's been de-bloated. I haven't tried to download it since I don't have the phone (I'm following though since it's a nice phone).
This ROM is not very good, Bluetooth, WiFi and WiFi calling don't work correctly. I would advise just waiting for a better build to come out.

I tried downloading the slim rom from that site and it wouldn't work. I'll just have to wait for some good roms to come out. I was looking forward to trying one because I just rooted and put twrp on.

I tried downloading the slim rom from that site and it wouldn't work. I'll just have to wait for some good roms to come out. I was looking forward to trying one because I just rooted and put twrp on.
The slim ROM is just the stock T-Mobile ROM with a desecured kernel, unlimited tethering, and a lot of apps deleted. Honestly too much stuff was removed so you would be better off staying stock and just deleting the stuff you don't want.

The slim ROM is just the stock T-Mobile ROM with a desecured kernel, unlimited tethering, and a lot of apps deleted. Honestly too much stuff was removed so you would be better off staying stock and just deleting the stuff you don't want.

is there any cps bloatware that would break my connection if i uninstall??

Its been a coule months since i originally posted this and there is still no more roms available for this phone. Its been out sonce July of 2014. It seems like that if they were ever going to come out with some custom roms they would have already done it by now. Does anyone know if there any more roms available for this phone? Thanks

I rooted and have a custom recovery. I like this phone alot, i would just like to see a cyanocyanogenmod or something else for it because ive never had a phone with a custom rom

Its been a coule months since i originally posted this and there is still no more roms available for this phone. Its been out sonce July of 2014. It seems like that if they were ever going to come out with some custom roms they would have already done it by now. Does anyone know if there any more roms available for this phone? Thanks
It takes longer to get roms for a midrange phone like the avant. Flagship phones that get official versions of popular custom roms have whole teams of developers working on them.

It takes longer to get roms for a midrange phone like the avant. Flagship phones that get official versions of popular custom roms have whole teams of developers working on them.
I Know i Wish there was a nice stock rom, like a really good cm11, no bugs at all. But it probely wont happen.

Back
Top Bottom