• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S - Froyo

Guys,

if anyone of you looking for upgrade or downgrade via latest version of Kies then check out my new post.

Now, Upgrade to Froyo or Downgrade to Eclair safely. visit GizTech :)

Are you suggesting this can be used to upgrade a US T-Mobile Vibrant to the official Froyo release from TMO? If not, then your claim is misleading, and could cause more harm than good for Vibrant owners.

Upvote 0
On one hand I am not one of those angry over the Froyo issue. I like my phone and I will keep and enjoy it regardless. OTOH, my wife has a My Touch 3G that is almost 1.5 years old and now is 2.2 - before my Vibrant. I like that kind of product support and if Samsung does not take reasonable steps to update phones it will affect my future decisions.

I think the bottom line for most of us is that we know the Behold disaster but were willing to give Samsung another shot. If Samsung screws consumers on the Galaxy S/Vibrant updates that will pretty much stop all of us from ever buying another Samsung device. Perhaps I speak for myself.

Upvote 0
I think the bottom line for most of us is that we know the Behold disaster but were willing to give Samsung another shot. If Samsung screws consumers on the Galaxy S/Vibrant updates that will pretty much stop all of us from ever buying another Samsung device. Perhaps I speak for myself.

I agree. I was once a Behold 2 owner and was allowed to swap through exec customer support and I too thought the Vibrant was different because the 4 major carriers were getting the Galaxy S around the same time so you would think that they would support this one better, Well,,,,, If they do not follow through I will never get another samsung phone again.

as it is I am running a custom rom which is still android 2.1 but makes my phone much better than stock. I will wait and see what happens with samsung and probably go with Axura Froyo soon once the known issues are ironed out and to hell with samsung froyo.

Upvote 0
I have it on good authority that Santa has decided that he loves American's this year. He will on the 24th of December eastern standard time be releasing (without Samsungs permission) Gingerbread to all US Galaxy S users. He is tired of hearing us all complain about how long it is taking for Samsung to un-mess up their very expensive social experiment called the Galaxy S. This is probably some secret conspiracy to find out how much carelessness will tolerate from one company. Just a giant alien playing with us like ants just before he gets bored and squashes all of us. Anyway Yah Santa is bringin us in with Gingerbread (Frosty told me!)

Upvote 0
To be honest I have given up on stock vibrant reaching froyo in any reasonable time, so now I use Nero v3 Touchwiz edition( a custom rom.)
There are leaked "Official Carrier" releases of Froyo. One to speak of is T959UVJK6 released in November. And now the newest leak is T959UVJL1 released in December. I have a friend who also says that there is even a newer one that was released to his beta phone of the Galaxy S. He has just not figured out how to access the files that the phone downloaded yet. So it will be soon if there are that many betas available from the carrier/manufacturer.

Upvote 0
There are leaked "Official Carrier" releases of Froyo. One to speak of is T959UVJK6 released in November. And now the newest leak is T959UVJL1 released in December. I have a friend who also says that there is even a newer one that was released to his beta phone of the Galaxy S. He has just not figured out how to access the files that the phone downloaded yet. So it will be soon if there are that many betas available from the carrier/manufacturer.

That is where the custom roms have been coming from... there have been leaked froyo releases for months, and if your friend has a beta version of some new release, why does that make you think it will be out soon? It should not still be in beta.. That actually makes me think it will be longer.. they pulled the release from canada, cancelled the plans for a US release... and now they are releasing. A beta?

Honestly the only reason I am waiting for the official release anymore is to see what the devs do with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones