• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help samsung galaxy s2 call quality issue

I removed the rubber thing, but when I tried to turn on my phone, it wont get any longer than: Samung galaxy sII... logo thing.

My battery was on 15-20 % when i removed it, but now it wont recharge..

What could I have done wrong?!?!?

Exactly why you should not open your phone if you are not confident. Its just a wild guess but you may have pinched a cable that pilotair mentioned or something similar... Sorry...

Anyway, Upon close examination, I found that the rubber piece was fully blocking the mic hole on the bottom of the phone... The top one was nicely clear...

Since my earlier post, I have raised a query with the Samsung service centre and sent my phone in for repair. I have included a print out of pilotair's post and picture to reduce chances of disappointment of receiving the phone back without the required repair.

Will post update when I receive it back...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Update: received my phone back (in a weeks time from sending it)... can now clearly see a deep hole in the microphone slot (unlike rubber thing blocking it before)... ppl on the other side can hear me clearly... problem solved...

Only downside of sending it to Samsung repair centre was the phone came back wiped clean... lost all my apps which I reinstalled quickly, but sadly lost all progress made on games I play.. should have thought about that in advance...

Anyone facing the problem, I recommend to send it to Samsung repair centre if you are within warranty (remember, Samsung provide 2 years warranty) as this is a known issue with many phones...

thanks pilotair and rokld...

Upvote 0
I have a really weird issue, you could say its called quality related.

I am on 02 UK and I tend to use my phone during the week to phone my partner when travelling to work and I always find on my drive to work that the phone cuts out at exactly the same location all the time!

Is this an issue with the phone? Is there anything I can do to resolve this, would a newer kernel help? I have custom rommed my phone and it is running resurrection remix 2.0. AFAIK this used to happen when I was on a stock rom.

Any app that will help me identify root cause of the issue?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi there,

I had the same problem also. But manage to solve it for good. Initial I was told that the casing could be the cause. After removal of the protective rubber casing it help a bit. There was echo also but it was solve by turning off/on the noise reduction button during a call. But even after doing that others still told me that they could barely hear my voice and it sound muffled or distant.

If using the voice recorder and your sound is weak. It due to the microphone not assembled properly. Something has block the sound intake hole. Took mine to the service center and they fixed it back for me within the day and everything is good now. Even with the case on. It still sound clear.

Mark T

Hi Mark can you tell me where you send it too? do you have the address or phone number?
because i'm having the same issue also. my friend keep saying that i sound muffle and far away. don't know what the issue is. and tmobile customer service is being a dick won't try to fix the solution LOL.

please if you can. let me know.

thanks =)

Judy

Upvote 0
Hi

I had a problem with my mic that started a few days ago - people could not hear me on the other side. It first started with them saying I was very soft, then they couldn't hear me at all. I thought I had dropped it one too many times and would need to send it in for the mic to be replaced.

I searched the forums and found that I should also test with the Voice Recorder, confirming that it was hardware. I was planning on doing a factory reset but the thought of backing up my phone and reinstalling made me nauseous, so I thought going online first might give me some answers. I tested with Voice Recorder, which showed it was the mic. I then read it might be the phone cover. Removing it didn't work. So...

I used the back of a sewing needle (so I didn't do too much damage), and picked out any debris that may be in the mic opening. I didn't see anything on the end of the needle. But I used the Voice Recorder again, and it works perfectly now! I also picked out the top mic and the ear phone jack just for good measure.

I know this is a bit of a risk, but glad I tried this before sending it into repairs for a few weeks. I can't even think of using my old Blackberry for one day without getting depressed.

Hope this helps someone!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones