• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S2 - email account

First time i've tried one of these websites so hope someone can help. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 phone, I had my e-mails set up perfectly fine - linked to my bt internet outlook account. 2 days ago my phone wanted to do an update and when the phone came back on it had wiped my email account. I have tried to set up a new account again which it prompts you to do, but it won't work. Have entered my email details, password and followed each stage but with no luck.... Anyone else have this problem? can anyone help?

Sounds like you took an OTA update, which carrier are you on ?? Have you tried rebooting your phone, if not you might have to do a Factory Reset

Welcome :ciao: ,we are glad to have you, hope you enjoy the site.

Hello and welcome to AF. Thanks for stopping in to join us..

Try this: Clear data from the mail or Gmail app (depending on the one you are using) and this should get things straightened out. [Settings - Applications - all.

Good luck. :)

Welcome to the forums Kate. :ciao:

The previous posters have offered good advice.

If you need more help look for the Galaxy S2 forum for your carrier. Which ever one you have I'm sure we have it covered here. :)

Enjoy your stay!

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm with O2. i have tried rebooting the phone - that doesn't work. I have tried clearing data (which i tink i have done correctly) still no luck! :(
What will happen to my phone & things on it if i do factory reset?

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm with O2. i have tried rebooting the phone - that doesn't work. I have tried clearing data (which i tink i have done correctly) still no luck! :(
What will happen to my phone & things on it if i do factory reset?

Hi Kate!
If you do a factory reset you will basically restore your phone exactly how it was "out of the box". There are some good apps on the Play Store if you would like to back-up your texts/call logs.

Back
Top Bottom