• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S3 Compatible With Cyanogenmod on Verizon Prepaid? (Help!)

bjf18

Sep 19, 2012
Hello, i wasnt sure where exactly to post this and i know the s3 is quite an out-of-date phone now. Now im new to the brand of Samsung however, im familiar with unlocking bootloaders, rooting, and ive worked with cyanogenmod before on an HTC device. anyways my question is since the S3 is so popular or just the galaxy's in that matter. My question is i notice that the developers have cyanogenmod for the S3 that is on just Verizon. Now i dont know if the models are different between Verizon and the prepaid Verizon. i read before that changing roms and cyanogenmod can change your baseband and mess up your carrier. so that being said, does anyone know if the cyanogenmod that was made for regular verizon will be compatible with the prepaid side of verizon phones? because i dont want to put it on my prepaid and it have the incorrect baseband or mess anything up that could possibly brick it. any comments would be greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones