• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung I9000 Galaxy S manages 7:25 hours of video playback.

Smg

Android Enthusiast
gsmarena_001.jpg

Our testing procedure was pretty standard: we charged the Galaxy S until it said full and looped a standard definition XviD video with the screen brightness set to 50% until the battery level fell to 10% (beyond that point the handset automatically turns off the video player and doesn

Thats impressive, extremely impressive given the size of the screen (and hey, the 50% brightness they had it on will be as good as most other screens on 100%).

I would love to know what other processes were running in the background.. i.e. comms etc.
Just imagine how long this phone can actually run if not being taxed by showing video content!

Its not only the screen. The move to a 45nm CPU (vs 65nm for competitors) is going to be a huge energy saver.

Its not only the screen. The move to a 45nm CPU (vs 65nm for competitors) is going to be a huge energy saver.
Yes, I understand this... but it would be nice to know what else was running in the background. :)

Back
Top Bottom