• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Infuse 4G and Gingerbread

I ran the GTG Unbrick method last week and downgraded my phone to original version since that stupid update in November....I was able to install Gingerbread and I've got to say....

I'm not really that impressed...sure the battery life is a little better..."Little" being the big word here...

HSPA+ is faster....

but there's a lot of bugs in this system...some of my apps don't run well...infact some of my apps are actually gone from the market...not sure what that means but I go and look for my apps and they're not there anymore....not really a big deal but I don't know if it has something to do with the Gingerbread OS....

I've had to reboot my phone more times this week than I ever had to with Froyo since I bought it in October....

And the phone function pisses me off now....a lot of times when I hang up...the phone function hangs up...but the phone locks up as if I'm still on the phone....makes no sense...

Backing out of apps like News Apps freeze up too...

Keep Froyo...root and flash a ROM...you'll be happy you did.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones