• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Moment USB Device Not Recognized DL Mode

o_herrera

Lurker
Jul 29, 2010
I want to root my Samsung Moment so that I can put Live Wallpapers on it and such, but every time I go to DL mode my computer says "USB Device Not Recognized" I have tried with and without USB Debugging on, install uninstall Drivers, going to REGEDIT to erase SAMSUNG drivers, formatting my phone, two different USB cables, three machines, and yet IT-STILL-WONT-WORK. I have tried on XP 64/32 and on 7. I have Eclair.DE03 Kernel 2.6.29 Firware 2.1 -Update1

ironically thats where I followed the tips for removing it from the registry and I followed all the instructions that were mentioned and still nothing...

After you deleted everything, did you reboot and do a clean install of the updater?
Also reboot the phone....
Also, make sure your USB debugging is off
Menu-Settings-Application Settings-Developement-USB Debugging(NO GREEN CHECK)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones