• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung s9 plus charger port damaged

My Samsung S9 plus will not charge as the port is somehow damaged i.e moisture or whatever has got it so the plug won't go all the way in...Have I lost all my photos on its 128gb internal memory ? I presume I have ?
Not unless moisture/whatever damaged its storage, too, and not just its charging port.

Generally speaking, being unable to charge a device does not equal losing its data. Your photos should be fine.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Use the LAN option in ES File Explorer to backup your files to your PC...
Most of us abandoned ES long ago over its privacy problems.

My Samsung S9 plus will not charge as the port is somehow damaged i.e moisture or whatever has got it so the plug won't go all the way in...Have I lost all my photos on its 128gb internal memory ? I presume I have ?
I don't think that moisture would stop the plug being inserted. I'm with Steven on this: if you can't see visible damage to the port or some obstruction in it I'd consider the possibility that it's the cable.

If you can see something in the port, be very careful trying to get it out: a hard probe could easily damage the contacts.

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0
Allowing ES File Expolerer to only access your home LAN IP addresses (i.e. 192.168.*.*:* in most cases) via NoRoot Firewall removes the privacy / security issues.

ESFE is a powerful litlle app....
ES File Explorer Pro is my favorite of numerous file managers I've tried. It most seamlessly connects to all of my Linux computers, and has features others lack or poorly implement.

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the replies. In the end after some wiggling about the plug went in properly again and all fine now. I was all set to buy the wireless charger but then you have to enable wireless charging I read so guess that wouldn't have worked..anyway fortunately all good anyway

The headphone port continues to be impossible to use though

Upvote 0
Most of us abandoned ES long ago over its privacy problems.

I don't think that moisture would stop the plug being inserted. I'm with Steven on this: if you can't see visible damage to the port or some obstruction in it I'd consider the possibility that it's the cable.

If you can see something in the port, be very careful trying to get it out: a hard probe could easily damage the contacts.

I think sand from the beach I was on got in to the port tbh, very tiny grains but enough to affect charging it seems

Upvote 0
If that's the case there may still be some stuff in there. Get some canned air and give the port a blast to blow out any loose debris. I agree you do not want to try cleaning the port by sticking something inside it due to the possibility of doing damage, and of course anything metallic could short out the contacts and potentially damage or destroy the phone.
Wireless charging should not have to be enabled, drop the phone on a Qi charging pad and it will begin charging wirelessly. I have an S9 and the only toggle is for fast wireless charging, if that is not enabled it will still charge wirelessly at the standard rate.

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the replies. In the end after some wiggling about the plug went in properly again and all fine now. I was all set to buy the wireless charger but then you have to enable wireless charging I read so guess that wouldn't have worked..anyway fortunately all good anyway

The headphone port continues to be impossible to use though

I have a Motorola phone with a poor USB connector and I use a cheap in-line digital VA meter to monitor when a good connection is made while wiggling and slowly inserting the USB cable...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones