• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Vibrant System Update (Not 2.2) Released [OTA Discussion]

Hey,
I unlocked my Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant to work with T-Mobile. However, I haven't received the OTA update for the vibrant (presumably because I am using it with AT&T). Also, I mainly have access to a Mac so I can't download Kies.
What is the easiest way for me to update the Vibrant so that the GPS fix and other bug fixes can be applied?

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: Also, would the update force me to unlock again?

Well, you really need a Windows machine for this one. You'd have to install Odin or Kies Mini and flash the update (I presume you are referring to the JI6 update) through that. I don't know of any stock JI6 ROM that can be flashed via ClockworkMod.

You could always install a custom ROM with Clockwork and avoid Odin or Kies Mini, but if something goes awry you'll have to use Odin to get back to a working OS.

And yes, you won't get updates because you're on AT&T.

Go here for more information on the things you'll need:

[REF]***Vibrant Directory(Bible)Rev2.2--Time: the 4th dimension--***(11/22/2010)*** - xda-developers

Hey wait...I came across this...maybe you would be able to use it?

Samsung Wave - Support - Samsung Mobile UK

It appears as though you can download a Mac version of Kies Mini there. I have no more information than that however. Click on Software and you should see the link for Kies Mini.

Hmmm... Kies Mini didn't seem to recognize the Vibrant no matter what I tried. =/ I might have access to a PC later to try and update the phone. One question though: Will that "break" the unlock or will the unlock be preserved?

Back
Top Bottom