• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Scripts] The Legit Zip (Feb 8, 2012) & Nifty Coniptions Tweaks v1.01

airfaron23

Update At Bottom Of OP

Here is a flashable zip of 3 scripts that when put together speed up your phone and make it faster. I did not write these scripts, I just edited them to work like Car-O-Dopes tweaks. It basically has the same values as Car-o-Dopes tweaks. I used the S97ramscript, KickAssKernel, and 02sicktweaks but I changed the values of each script to match what Car-o-Dopes tweaks do, and I wanted to share this with you all because it makes installing these tweaks easier and faster. Thanks to zeppelinrox for the kickasskernelizer, Juwe11 for the S97ramscript, Smokinl1337 for the 02sicktweaks, coffehandle for giving me the idea when he made his own tweaks, and Car-o-Dope for coming up with the ultimate combination of out-of-memory settings and sysctl tweaks that make your phone smooth as butter.

I use this on my HTC Evo 4g running Shooter E3D, with AnthraX kernel and it works like a charm.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40376256/niftyconiptionstweaks.zip

Thanks to coffeehandle over on XDA for update-script, now there's no need to mount /system and /data. When using either of the two updated scripts below, skip steps 9 and 11.

Sense Version (skip steps 9 and 11)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40376256/Updated%20niftyconiptionstweaks/niftyconiptionstweaks.zip

AOSP Version (skip steps 9 and 11)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40376256/Updated niftyconiptionstweaks/niftyconiptionstweaksAOSP.zip

Flash at your own risk. I am in no way responsible for anything that happens to your phone.

Instructions: Follow Exactly
1) Make a nandroid backup incase something goes wrong or you want to revert.
2) Download a file manager like Root Explorer or ES File Explorer (I use Root explorer).
3) Open up root explorer and go to "system", then "etc", then "init.d". Click on the "Mount R/W" button so it turns to "Mount R/O" (that way you can delete files).
4) Delete any or move to a folder on your sdcard (incase you want to revert) any ram scripts or ram tweaks you may have that is in the "init.d" folder (examples of ram scripts or tweaks are 01sysctl, 06sysctl, 02sicktweaks, S97ramscript, 99supercharge, and 98Kickasskernel).
5) Also if you are running v6 supercharger, you need to un-supercharge. If you are running Kickass Kernelizer, you need to un-kernelize and do not run those scripts while you have the niftyconiptionsscripts installed.
6) Uninstall any ram manager apps or task killers and do not use these.
7) After you uninstall all of that, reboot your phone and verify that none of the scripts you had before are still installed. (it will mess with the scripts you are about to install).
8) Boot into recovery (preferably Amon Ra).
9) [ONLY DO IF YOU ARE USING ORIGINAL TWEAKS]Once in recovery, you need to mount /system, then mount /data.
10) Find the niftyconiptionstweaks.zip you downloaded and flash it.
11) [ONLY DO IF YOU ARE USING ORIGINAL TWEAKS] After you flash the zip, go back and unmount /system. Don't mess with the /data because after you flashed the zip, it automatically unmounted the /data for you.
12) Reboot phone and enjoy. Let your phone set at the lock screen for about 2 minutes, unlock and let it set for another 2 minutes to let it settle in. Your phone will become dramatically smoother after about an hour.

To see if the settings stick, in root explorer go to "system", "etc", "init.d" and see if you can find the scripts. For a double check, download Rom Toolbox, go to the "performance" tab then check the "Auto Memory Manager" and see if it has values of 6,12,55,70,85,100 and "Sysctl tweaks" section to see if it has the values of 4096, 70, 50, 50.

UPDATE:

Nifty Coniptions Tweaks

Updated niftyconitpionstweaks. Install just as you would before and follow directions as posted above. I got rid of some unnecessary settings in the scripts. Also your sdcard read ahead speed will change to 512kb which is the optimal speed for the evo.

Sense Version (skip steps 9 and 11)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40376256/Nif...ense-v1.01.zip

AOSP Version (skip steps 9 and 11)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40376256/Nif...AOSP-v1.01.zip

The Legit Zip (skip steps 9 and 11)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40376256/Nif...heLegitZip.zip

Here is The Legit Zip I just put together. This has the same settings as the V6 Supercharger on option 8 and the Kickasskernalizer. I did not change any values to these so its the same as installing those two scipts manually. Again, I did not write these scripts, I just put them into a tweak bundle to make it easier to install. Thanks to zepplinrox for making the V6 supercharger and the Kickasskernalizer. To install this, follow the same instructions in the first post and remember to skip steps 9 and 11.

To see if the settings stuck, download Rom Toolbox Pro and go to the performance tab, Kernel tweaks or Sysctl Tweaks (depending on what version of the application you have) and see if it reads as Min Free KBytes - 4096, Dirty Ratio - 95, Dirty Background Ratio - 60, VFS Cache Pressure - 10. Then go to the Auto Memory Manager and see if it reads as 6,12,150,165,180,200.

If you would like me to add another version of the V6 Supercharger just let me know.

Have fun and hit that thanks button if you like it.

Original thread is here:
[Scripts] Nifty Coniptions Tweaks - [Updated] Sense & AOSP-tweak bundle-flashable zip - xda-developers

Very interested in trying this.. Right now I'm running "tweaks-Updated-Evo-signed, "uninvisible Tweaks", and "V6 Supercharger".

Any ideas an how I should get rid of these so I can rn this script?

Can I unflash something without wiping and reflshing the rom/kernel?

I know I can "unsupercharge", but don't know how?

Please advise

Very interested in trying this.. Right now I'm running "tweaks-Updated-Evo-signed, "uninvisible Tweaks", and "V6 Supercharger".

Any ideas an how I should get rid of these so I can rn this script?

Can I unflash something without wiping and reflshing the rom/kernel?

I know I can "unsupercharge", but don't know how?

Please advise

Do steps 3 and 4

And also do step 5. If you've script manager to run the v6, start it up again and there will be an option to un supercharge

I'm confused about steps 9 and 11..

Step 9 says to mount system and data, but mine were already mounted

Step 11 says to unmount system couse data will already be unmounted, but my system was already unmounted and my data wasn't.

it all booted up fine, but I wanna know what the normal settings should be.

I'm confused about steps 9 and 11..

Step 9 says to mount system and data, but mine were already mounted

Step 11 says to unmount system couse data will already be unmounted, but my system was already unmounted and my data wasn't.

it all booted up fine, but I wanna know what the normal settings should be.

If you look at the update in the OP it says you no longer need to mount/unmount. It is all done in the updater script for you

Ok I ran three other tweaks before this one and I can say already that this one delivers hands down more blazing speed than any of the others. I feel like I just pcked up my vette from calloway and the test drive is blowing me away. Great job whomever made it!

Ok I ran three other tweaks before this one and I can say already that this one delivers hands down more blazing speed than any of the others. I feel like I just pcked up my vette from calloway and the test drive is blowing me away. Great job whomever made it!

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

I have run different tweaks in the past, not even sure which ones.

I haven't run any on this rom though. I looked on the sd card and I see evidence of them in that file that was mentioned. What all do I have to clear out of it to get to the point I can run this? Is it supposed to be completely empty? I don't want to delete something I am supposed to have.

I haven't run any on this rom though. I looked on the sd card and I see evidence of them in that file that was mentioned. What all do I have to clear out of it to get to the point I can run this? Is it supposed to be completely empty? I don't want to delete something I am supposed to have.

I had the same question, so I just googled everything and only deleted the tweaks.

The init.d folder doesn't need to be empty. Delete scripts like 01sysctl, 02sicktweaks, 97ramscript, 99supercharge. After its all deleted, reboot phone, once it's rebooted, reboot again but into recovery and flash the zip

Back