• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card Apps Won't Load, Apps Crash at Boot

My wife's Dinc has stopped loading apps on her SD card. They show up on her hoome screen as Droid icons and when tapped say that they are no longer installed.

I unmounted the card, plugged it into my PC and copied all the files to my HD. I then removed it and plugged in a different 2GB SD card (Samsung), formatted it (FAT32) and copied the files back over. I powered her phone down, installed the SD card and powered it back up.

Upon boot (still running Froyo, it never would install the GB updates), several apps immediately report as not responding, even before the home screen is completely loaded, and must be force closed and no change in the SD card apps.

Any ideas what's going on here? I'm leaning towards a factory restore, but would rather not if I don't have to.

My wife's Dinc has stopped loading apps on her SD card. They show up on her hoome screen as Droid icons and when tapped say that they are no longer installed.

I unmounted the card, plugged it into my PC and copied all the files to my HD. I then removed it and plugged in a different 2GB SD card (Samsung), formatted it (FAT32) and copied the files back over. I powered her phone down, installed the SD card and powered it back up.

Upon boot (still running Froyo, it never would install the GB updates), several apps immediately report as not responding, even before the home screen is completely loaded, and must be force closed and no change in the SD card apps.

Any ideas what's going on here? I'm leaning towards a factory restore, but would rather not if I don't have to.
You probably just have to reinstall the apps... Or you could try going into the app manager and clearing the data/cache for them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones