• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD card "file permission"?

Adeline

Newbie
My Desire has started to claim it cannot save files (and therefore refuses to take a picture) on the SD card "due to insufficient file permission". Anyone know what that is and how I can remedy this? FWIW I am using a SanDisk 16GB card bought from the actual amazon website (not a private seller). Most of the time if I switch the phone and and off it allows me to take a picture.
 
I found that it was Guardian Unlimited app causing this. Since I've stopped using it I no longer have it.

If you're not using Guardian, then it could well be other apps are making odd calls to the SD and not closing them correctly
 
I had the same problem with Vignette Demo app. Total space in SDcard storage showed 00 . After uninstalling the app everything works fine.
 
Back
Top Bottom