• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card not working

We see that problem reported around various device forums, most often with no particular remedy other than starting afresh with a new, high quality sd card, sadly.

It seems to be related to how the software in the device interprets the integrity of the card, because the issue seems to come up most often following an update, crash or device upgrade.

Perhaps others will chime in, but if it were my device/card, I'd start by going to the store and find an expensive, high quality sd card worthy of the phone I like so much. ;)

If that did not remedy the issue, I'd next do a factory data reset. Some users would try that before purchasing a new sd card.. ymmv. ;)

Upvote 0
I did the update last night to 2.2 through : Settings - About Phone - Software Updates.

I didnt do it illegally , i did it the official way.

It took half an hour to download and half an hour to install
Then i left it start up a bit for 20 mins.

I then tried to check what this 2.2 was all about , so i tried to unlock the lock screen , but it seemed as if my screen was frozen.

It is still frozen from yesterday when i downloaded it.

HELP!

Upvote 0
I did exactly the same thing as JordanKitchen, updated my phone (which I used to ignore until I was told I should blah blah) now my sd card is not registering and I cant use my camera or numerous other apps because of it! It's so frustrating considering the sd card worked perfectly fine prior to this update. I don't know I wouldn't be too inclined to update again if this is the kind of problems you encounter. Does anyone know who sends or develops these updates? Is it HTC?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones