• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card Trouble?! Optimus V//

Hi, I need help (hence the username).

I lhave a lot of music stored on my phone, and recently, while trying to download an mp3, a message told me I couldn't because I don't have my SD card in. I clicked on my music and it said,

your phone does not have an SD card inserted.

Here's the thing-I checked my SD card (it's the big battery one, correct?) and it's there. I checked the slot that said 'micro sd card' and it's there, too. My brother, who is the person who fixes all my phone issues, said nothing seems to be wrong, and my manual doesn't have any answers.

I was wondering if anybody has experienced this before I visit Radio Shack?

Oh and if you could, please, submit soon! I miissss myyy mussiccc!

Try going into settings. Click on SD Card and click "Unmount the SD Card" and click OK. After the card is unmounted, click "Mount SD Card". Hopefully that will clear it up.

It's happened to me quite often, i usually turn phone off, take the battery out then take the sd card out then put it back in, put battery back in. That usually fixes the problem, sometimes i have to do it more than once.

Good luck!

If those don't fix problem, put SD card into computer and transfer data to computer.
Back out and then right click the SD card. Select to format SD card. Select the FAT32 format.
Once done put in phone and turn power to phone on.
Go to menu/Settings/Storage and select to erase sd card. When done reboot phone. Unmount SD card and put in computer. Transfer everything back.
Put in phone. It should auto mount, if not select that option.

Back
Top Bottom