• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Serious Brick Problem.... HELP!

hydroman202

I accidentally flashed the wrong img. Now my phone is detected on the computer as COM4. It won't show anything on the screen. Can somebody help?

Ok what image did you flash and what was it for? Sounds like a tough one but we shall see.
it was a recovery for the lg optimus f3. Thinking it was the one for the tribute (I had renamed it), i flashed it, as result, all i have is a black screen and the computer detects it, only in com mode though. Im thinking its going to be pretty hard to fix. Any help is welcome though!

First we need to see if you can get it to download mode. Should be Volume up plus power with phone connected to pc via usb. Im hoping you can use lg tools to put back stock image from lg website if they have it available. You will have to see. If lg tool can see the phone in download mode you can push back stock to the device.

First we need to see if you can get it to download mode. Should be Volume up plus power with phone connected to pc via usb. Im hoping you can use lg tools to put back stock image from lg website if they have it available. You will have to see. If lg tool can see the phone in download mode you can push back stock to the device.
The only thing it does when i try to put it in download mode is it shows QSUSB_BULK Mode under device manager. As for stock images, i haven't seen any. I appreciate the help!

Dang. I would still try lg tool though. I was under the impression there was a tot file floating around for the tribute. I might would think about giving vm 25 bucks to replace it.

Actually, i might have found a fix, but someone would have to get the files off the device for me, because of the state my phone in in, i can't. these are the needed files:

1- sbl1.img
2- aboot.img
3- rpm.img
4- tz.img

Actually, i might have found a fix, but someone would have to get the files off the device for me, because of the state my phone in in, i can't. these are the needed files:

1- sbl1.img
2- aboot.img
3- rpm.img
4- tz.img
What ROM are you on??
I'm not finding the files you need? I'm using TotalCommander with root privileges

Yeah I dont see those either.
I apologize. I just found out those particular files are part of the "kdz" file. Although, when i connected it a while ago to the mobile support tool, it said i had the latest firmware, but when i tried to recover it, it told me the battery was too low. any ways around this?

Need to get the battery charged up. That should eliminate that if the phone is still properly charging the battery.

Yeah, im not sure if the battery is still charging or not. Hopefully. If not, then maybe there is a way around that warning. There probably isn't though.

You can manually charge it but it will require splicing charge cable and placing the power wires(either over the 2nd and 4th slots on the battery) on to the battery slots located at top of battery. Use the phone itself to keep the wiring in place by placing battery back in place. Has worked on every phone Ive owned where charging stopped for any reason hardware or software. 45 minutes should be enough to eliminate the error.

And it is the 2nd and 4th slots not the ones with the plus and minus symbols. Those send power in to device the other two get power back from charge.

Was this the recovery you tried to install?
http://androidforums.com/threads/t-...-twrp-v-2-8-0-0-for-the-lg-optimus-f3.928407/
If so, your aboot partition is overwritten. You probably don't need the other ones, i.e. sbl1, rpm, tz.

I assume you've already read this?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2582142
If you can see the partitions with "gdisk -l /dev/sdX" (where X is a letter depending on your setup) as described in the post, then you can just overwrite the bad aboot with a correct image.

I can't get you the image file right now. If you can't wait, maybe someone can help before I can. To pull the aboot image to the root of an SD:
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot of=/storage/external_SD/aboot.img
Change the output location "of=" to something else if an SD is not available or the rom uses another location.

Once aboot is restored, you should hopefully have access to the download mode and possibly your normal rom if your rom was previously bootable. Then most likely you need to install a correct recovery to get that to work. Good luck.

Was this the recovery you tried to install?
http://androidforums.com/threads/t-...-twrp-v-2-8-0-0-for-the-lg-optimus-f3.928407/
If so, your aboot partition is overwritten. You probably don't need the other ones, i.e. sbl1, rpm, tz.

I assume you've already read this?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2582142
If you can see the partitions with "gdisk -l /dev/sdX" (where X is a letter depending on your setup) as described in the post, then you can just overwrite the bad aboot with a correct image.

I can't get you the image file right now. If you can't wait, maybe someone can help before I can. To pull the aboot image to the root of an SD:
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot of=/storage/external_SD/aboot.img
Change the output location "of=" to something else if an SD is not available or the rom uses another location.

Once aboot is restored, you should hopefully have access to the download mode and possibly your normal rom if your rom was previously bootable. Then most likely you need to install a correct recovery to get that to work. Good luck.
Still having brick issues. The only thing i have going for me right now is the device seems to work with the send commands, although it still remains as black as ever. I know theres a way to fix this thing, i just haven't found it yet. I wonder if there is a kdz file yet?

Still having brick issues. The only thing i have going for me right now is the device seems to work with the send commands, although it still remains as black as ever. I know theres a way to fix this thing, i just haven't found it yet. I wonder if there is a kdz file yet?
So no access to download mode or fastboot?

Since you have use of commands, have you tried http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=60008522&postcount=138 to see about getting into fastboot. I don't know if it'll help.
Sorry to hear your stuck. If you find the .kdz for our device, please post a link for future issues. I'll keep looking though.

Edit: I read through the steps and link that @WarrantyVoider suggested, that should work for all LG phones, just vary the steps according to device needs. You are performing the steps in proper order? Did you try it more than once to rule out user input error? (Just asking)

Last edited:
Hmm... I thought you couldn't get to the download mode? Are you able to use the LG support tool after charging? I am not sure what state your phone is in. My guess is your phone has F3's aboot. It's not compatible enough to load Tribute's download mode and not broken enough for the early-stage bootloader to give up.

When you mentioned the send commands, did you mean the Send_command.exe used in rooting? What responses do you get? I don't think F3 has a laf partition, so its aboot probably won't give you Tribute's download mode. So, I don't know what commands your phone would accept. What about Push_file.exe? Maybe it can be used to overwrite a partition?

There's also this unbricking method for the QDLoader 9008 mode, but your phone is probably not at that stage yet, unless you want to manually force it. But then I don't know where you'd get a .TOT file if you can't find a .KDZ file.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g2/general/fix-unbrick-lg-g2-stuck-qualcomm-hs-usb-t2933830

I hope I am wrong and your problem has a simple solution. Good luck.

In device manager, manually update the drivers for the qhsusb_bulk device using these drivers:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hovx8h7nauy7e6/Qcomm_Drivers.zip?dl=0

Unzip into a regular folder then point at that entire folder as the driver destination. Then see if the device is listed in more specific terms afterward. Should specify if it's a 9006, 9008 or other. Typically if it's 9006, the partitions will populate as "drives" in windows explorer so it's fairly obvious.

edit:
also, there is a tot available:
http://www.lgbbs.com:41/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=720&highlight=ls660

Just depends on whether you're ok with buying one or not. I've bought from that guy before. I'm not saying it's great, but it's how we've acquired many of the tots we have for various devices. Just letting you know it's an option. The partitions can also be extracted from tots though I've struggled with that in comparison to kdz's.

Also, you can dd write all the necessary partitions as was described earlier.

I'm not seeing your device listed in the QDLoader unbrick tool at first glance unless it goes by other names.

Last edited:
In device manager, manually update the drivers for the qhsusb_bulk device using these drivers:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hovx8h7nauy7e6/Qcomm_Drivers.zip?dl=0

Unzip into a regular folder then point at that entire folder as the driver destination. Then see if the device is listed in more specific terms afterward. Should specify if it's a 9006, 9008 or other. Typically if it's 9006, the partitions will populate as "drives" in windows explorer so it's fairly obvious.

edit:
also, there is a tot available:
http://www.lgbbs.com:41/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=720&highlight=ls660

Just depends on whether you're ok with buying one or not. I've bought from that guy before. I'm not saying it's great, but it's how we've acquired many of the tots we have for various devices. Just letting you know it's an option. The partitions can also be extracted from tots though I've struggled with that in comparison to kdz's.

Also, you can dd write all the necessary partitions as was described earlier.

I'm not seeing your device listed in the QDLoader unbrick tool at first glance unless it goes by other names.
Do you know if those 56K/130K/910K USB cables have any effect on newer LG devices? Peeking inside the aboot image, I saw references to them, so was wondering if the cables would enable special modes or diagnostic interfaces.

Do you know if those 56K/130K/910K USB cables have any effect on newer LG devices? Peeking inside the aboot image, I saw references to them, so was wondering if the cables would enable special modes or diagnostic interfaces.

I am not aware of that functionality. Were you able to pin down which Qcomm mode you are in? Drivers work for you?

edit: my mistake, not the OP. :)

I am not aware of that functionality. Were you able to pin down which Qcomm mode you are in? Drivers work for you?

edit: my mistake, not the OP. :)
I think the OP has moved on, so I guess we are not likely to get the answer. Anyway, thanks for your info. I've pulled .TOT out of .KDZ and partition images out of .TOT (before kdz got heavily encrypted), but I didn't know .TOT files can be purchased.

I think the OP has moved on, so I guess we are not likely to get the answer. Anyway, thanks for your info. I've pulled .TOT out of .KDZ and partition images out of .TOT (before kdz got heavily encrypted), but I didn't know .TOT files can be purchased.

Mostly G3 and older. Still no ATT G4 tot available to this day though if you have one, PM me :D. LG ramped up their security measures in recent months so it's not as easy as it used to be sadly. It'd be nice if they shared them with the masses but no such luck. Most of the tot's seen in the wild come from a fairly small band of users who've spanned multiple generations of LG devices and have shared with the community. Otherwise tots would be a myth. ;)

Mostly G3 and older. Still no ATT G4 tot available to this day though if you have one, PM me :D. LG ramped up their security measures in recent months so it's not as easy as it used to be sadly. It'd be nice if they shared them with the masses but no such luck. Most of the tot's seen in the wild come from a fairly small band of users who've spanned multiple generations of LG devices and have shared with the community. Otherwise tots would be a myth. ;)
I am fairly new to the Android scene. There was a time when I had an urge to get a Windows debugging session going so that I could hope to pull the raw data out of the kdz file and/or the support tool. But I realize it'd be better to just avoid bricking period.

Back
Top Bottom