• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Serious browser problems

I'm on the Xoom, version 3.1. About once in every five times I go to open the browser (the stock browser, because I like the experimental browser menu), my wallpaper will go black and then my screen will start to flash like I'm at a strobe-party. I hit the home button, and it stops. If I try again within 2-3 seconds, the same thing happens. If I wait for a good 5 seconds, it all acts normal. It really freaked me out the first time it happened because I thought my Xoom was broken! I've tried clearing the history/cache/what-have-you, to no avail.

I've tried dolphin, Firefox, safari, and a few other browsers. I kinda hated them all and only used them about once. I guess I feel like the stock browser should work just fine, but hey. I'm willing to be wrong.

Just a side note, I love this thing. SO glad I didn't listen to by boyfriend about getting an iPad or iPad 2. He kind of resents me for it, go figure.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones