• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Serving MP4 with Apache2.2 for Windows

alfadog67

Newbie
I have a rooted Continuum 2.1u1, and I use the default built-in browser.

When I got to touch.dailymotion.com and click on a video, a video player turns on and the video plays (if it's an video/mp4 mime-type).

What video player is it that's loading from there?

I want my own site to cause this particular player to open, but as it stands, an mp4 from my site causes the "Video Player" app to open instead.

Here're a few things I've deduced so far:
This "special" player opens with Plugins enabled or disabled.
​
It's not the "Video Player" app, which loads when I open or click a link to an mp4 from my own site.
​
When I click "Play" in dailymotion.com, the task manager shows only the browser as an active app, so I figure it's an extension of the default browser itself that's playing the video.
​
Is there some special header being sent from dailymotion.com that's causing the special player to open?

I'm sending the video/mp4 mimetype from my server, but when I link to an MP4 from my phone, the "Video Player" app opens - not the same one as from DailyMotion.com.

What headers do I need to send with my Apache 2.2 to make that particular "special" player open on my android when opening an mp4?

Thanks,
Dan
 
Back
Top Bottom