• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I?

AstroDonut

I've currently got a Hero (G2 from Tmob) and due a handset upgrade on August 6th.

I've been seriously considering the Desire but not sure about the bad reports about the screen in bright sunlight, is it really that bad?? or do the phones other abilities make up for it??

As most people will confirm on here, turn the brightness up to 100% when in bright sunlight and it's no worse that most other phones out at the moment including the Samsung Wave with it's Super AMOLED screen.

Personally I don't have any issues with it in Bright Sunlight. I turn brightness up and I can easily see what I am doing and as it happens, I don't stand with the screen pointing at the sun on that many occasions really!!! :)

don't get into two years contract with a phone that you are not quite sure.

if all phones forums were as picky as we are, no phones will be good enough to us

Screen isn't a problem but think long and hard about the battery life before you take the plunge.

the screen does suffer in sunlight, it's usable but i must admit for me its the biggest flaw the phone has.

My battery lasts around 35 hours normally, that said if I use WiFi alot and other battery hungry apps then I can rinse the battery in a day.

Most smart phones have terrible battery life, most require daily charging. I have gathered from reviews that the new iPhone battery life is about the same as the Desire.

The music player on the desire is let down by not having an EQ, so if you want a decent music player too then you might want to look elsewhere.

Thanks for your replies folks.

I understand how these phones hammer the battery with all the additional features, I've noticed that I have always used the most I can from previous n95 and e71's and they required re-charging daily, however, the ability on the G2 to have switches to control connectivity on the first screen helps me maximise my battery usage.

I've managed since November with my G2's screen and still love the thing.

I'm a little gutted the 1.5 to 2.1 has taken so long, would have liked to give it a try

Attachments

• Home Screen.png
    Home Screen.png
    78.8 KB · Views: 141
Back
Top Bottom