• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I Root my HTC Sensation ?

if your phone has upgraded itself to ICS,then youll now have to use Unlimited.IO to achiece s-off.

the tool must have root access. it can now be temp root,but htcdev unlock is the prefered method. after running the tool,it will reset the "lock status" flag back to locked,thus removing visual clues that htcdev unlock had been used.

there is a tool that will temp root,if you dont want to use htcdev. there is also an "all in one tool" that you can run to give temp root,then s-off,then install recovery.

im somewhat old fasioned and prefer not to use "one clicks" or all in one tools when possible so that you gain knowledge to mod and recover your phone in the event of mishap.

therefor,my recomendation would be:
1)htcdev unlock and root
2)run Unlimited.IO
3)superCID
4)install recovery
5)install a custom rom,or flash superuser and run your rooted stock rom.

there are links to the tools,as well as to my rezound htcdev unlock guide in this thread: http://androidforums.com/sensation-...root-confusion-cyanogenmod-htc-sensation.html

on the other hand,if your phone is still on GB and on the 1.18 or older hboot,then you can run Revolutionary witch will s-off and install a recovery for you,and is an easier tool ro use.

feel free to post up any questions you have in the linked thread,or here,i will help you as best i can :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones