• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

should I wait

Phathead

Lurker
I have read everything on the net I can on the commando. I have had excellant experiences with the casio phones from the type s to now the brigade. I am due for 2 every two in 6 months but already have a discount for the commando for $49 plus of course the data pkg. I am going to go to a smart phone with some kind of pkg. My question is after reading nearly every thread should I wait and see if some of the various problems get fixes and or maybe a newer version of the phone comes out. any advice is appreciated since this will be my first smartphone and would prefer it to be a good one. I don't have to have it now but like I said I am going that way just now or later.
 
I love my commando and have had no issues whatsoever. This is my second smart phone and I love it. Mine is flawless. I would purchase again in a moment and encourage you to do the a same if you can get it for $50.
 
Thanks, I checked the phone out the other day and liked the look feel. The problems I have read about are not major to my inexperinced opinion. I was just wondering if some people on here had heard or know of any changes coming.
 
I have no issues with mine either and for $50, I'd jump on it. That said some have complained about the touch screen being less than sensitive. I notice this with the browser and use opera mini 99% of the time which is a better experience for me than the oem.
I have not heard of any new releases. We've had one software upgrade that has helped my battery life a bit. It's a great device imho. If you get one I recommend getting the charging cradle to go with it. :cool:
 
I bought a Commando one month ago. My first smartphone. It is driving me crazy. Tried to install Proxio. Cannot get it to work. Locks up at least once every 2 weeks. Have to power all the way down and back up. Using Google Map. If I do a finger spread it shrinks the map. If it is too tiny and I do a finger pinch it also shrinks the map. If I try to rotate it turns the other direction. And the spell check is always changing my words I've very carefully pecked out. (It is not normal for me to look up for the blue word. Difficult getting used to that.)

The Nuance voice app is impossible. I'd like to dictate a note and I can't. I want to call home and it tries to send a picture to someone I haven't talked to in 2 years.

What am I doing wrong? How do I fix these things? I want a phone that doesn't take 5 frustrating minutes to do something. Honestly, I'm finding that a paper phone book is much quicker than opening a browser and doing a Google search.
 
Go for it, I rarely have problems with my commando and love it. The only real way I think it could be better is if it didnt come with the bloatware (you can fix that yourself anyway) and if they made a cyanogen port for it. I heard a lot about touch sensitivity problems when I was researching it and ive never run into anything like that.
 
Cannot get it to work. Locks up at least once every 2 weeks. Have to power all the way down and back up.
(Yes I have to do this too)
Using Google Map. If I do a finger spread it shrinks the map. If it is too tiny and I do a finger pinch it also shrinks the map. If I try to rotate it turns the other direction.
(Fortunately it has the + and - keys for when this happens)
And the spell check is always changing my words I've very carefully pecked out. (It is not normal for me to look up for the blue word. Difficult getting used to that.)
(Ipods do the same thing. I find it works best if I try to swipe it quickly and am less worried about the accuracy, as you train it for your words it becomes more accurate too)

The Nuance voice app is impossible. I'd like to dictate a note and I can't. I want to call home and it tries to send a picture to someone I haven't talked to in 2 years.

(Open Nuance, click the settings bar at the bottom, select adaptation, then do the voice training. It works about 600% better afterwards)
 
I'm probably not a candidate for a smart phone, my first lasted only 2 weeks. Personally I like the fact that the touch screen is not too sensitive, fewer errant phone calls made in the middle of the night. Camera isn't too bad but would like zoom to work on 5 mp and have a dedicated flash, this one is mickey mouse. It does what I need it to do, so would a flip phone, but the main reason I bought it was the clarity coming from the earpiece, best I have experienced. In no way am I an expert, a smart phone is a computer and imo should be powered down ( rebooted ) as I do with any computer.
 
Back
Top Bottom