• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SIM Cutter Tool Reviews

ouch1976

Android Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2011
I like to switch phones often and I also like to avoid going to the Verizon store as much as possible. Since most of the phones I use tend to have a micro-sim card, everything has worked out well in the past. But, now I want to try a Moto X and they use the darn nano-sim. So, I need to cut my micro-sim to a nano-sim size. So which is the best cutter out there? I assume they're all the same, but maybe someone has had a great experience with one????

For $10 on amazon I can get a cutting tool, some sandpaper, and a tray adapter that should fit my needs.

Any insight here?

If you want to leave open the possibility of going back to micro-SIM size, an adapter tray will be required (as you noted), so a package deal may be the best choice. But I had to cut two mini-SIMs to nano-SIM size recently and used a paper template from Techno Buffalo, along with a utility cutter, and both SIMs work fine. Of course, this isn't economical if you don't already have the utility cutter, but the utility cutter has numerous uses beyond cutting SIM cards.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones