• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Sixaxis controller

i have not, but there is an app in the play store that should work.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ompatibilitychecker&feature=nav_result#?t=W10.
this one will check compatibility

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...os.sixaxiscontroller&feature=nav_other#?t=W10.
this one is the pariing utlity, costs 1.99

edit/ update: I decided to run the compatibility checker and it keeps putting me in a full power off reboot. I dont know squat about log cats so i dont have one. But my guess is that is has somehting to do with the still existing blue tooth issues.

Reactions: StarScream2109
Upvote 0
Umm turn on bluetooth and the Bluetooth mac should show up...

Actually I've been trying to get the Sixaxis/Compatibility app to work, and I can't get it to work either. I'm running BP, and if I turn on bluetooth like you say D2A, I can see my address in my settings; however, for some reason the app itself can't find the bluetooth, even though it can toggle it on and off. The compatibility checker fails on the first channel, tries the second channel for about 5 seconds, and then reboots my phone, all without ever recognizing my BT address... Makes me wish I knew more about the phone so I would have some idea what the heck is going on with the app.

Upvote 0
The reason it won't work is because, to my understanding, the Bluetooth driver does not support the HID profile, the app has a workaround and utilized the serial profile, but it doesn't support that either. It seems the only thing the stock Bluetooth drivers support is just headset profile, FTP, and to some extent A2DP. It's just bad coding done by LG, because the hardware is actually pretty good, having quite a large radial distance before failing.

Reactions: mickeydurden
Upvote 0
Hey guys incidentally as a side note here, I had been having BT with Holos 3.2.6 and went back to BO and it worked well. The issues I ran into were, I couldn't get my Pioneer deck to connect with it. It was supposed to play music over BT and get my address book etc etc and it was not happy. The other issue, leaving BT on was causing weird time issues. IE, the top bar showed one time, the display showed another time...a reboot fixed this, but the issues cropped up once enabling BT. Those issues did not show up with the BO ROM. I connected and got functionality over the phone with music thru the deck.

Rich

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones