• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Siyah kernel - Dummies Guide

I hope Shotty doesn't mind me interfering... but I can see your problem straight away. You are using the wrong Siyah kernel to try and root your phone on ICS, Android 4.0.3!

See the Rooting Galaxy S2 - Dummies Guide, posts #1.5 and #1.7 for the correct kernel. Please read through all of the first 3 posts in the thread to give you all the information required for rooting the SGSII.

Hope that helps.

i have flashed my phone 3 times now with the siyah v 5.0.1 now but it still fails reboot. and when i go into cms recovery it says that i still have the old siyah v6.0b5 kernal that i first used.

Upvote 0
hi, what should be mounted in recovery mode and hwat should i format?

i have flashed my phone 3 times now with the siyah v 5.0.1 now but it still fails reboot. and when i go into cms recovery it says that i still have the old siyah v6.0b5 kernal that i first used.

You cannot flash a kernel via Recovery unless you are properly rooted to begin with. See post #1...

Installation instructions (please read carefully and thoroughly)

You will need to be rooted, see here, and have ClockWorkMod, (CWM), installed.

The only way to root your phone is by using Odin on your PC and the steps in posts #1, #2 and #3 of the Rooting Galaxy S2 - Dummies Guide as I described in my earlier reply to you... which you quote!

You cannot flash a kernel via Recovery until you have correctly rooted your phone first, which was not the case in your post #669.

Upvote 0
Upgrading only every six months now it seems. Upgraded to NeatROMLite LSS and Siyah 6.0B4 and it's a great combination.

I found Siyah 6.0B5 didn't go into deep sleep and Dorimanx 8.19 was unstable. NeatROMLite required uninstalling some framework thing from system/app that kept crashing to make it stable.

Now it's all working fine with great battery life using Ironass's STweaks settings - thanks Ironass!

Upvote 0
I too have found siyah v6.0 b5 less battery friendly than siyah v6.0 b4.
I'm currently on NeatROM Lite LSW and with siyah v6.0 b5 I was getting max 15/16 hrs at most.
Just reverted back to siyah v6.0b4 and and it's getting better. Gonna wait a couple of days more before deciding anything.
I've always been a siyah fan though.

Upvote 0
While what you said sure is true....is it worth the switch? What version are you currently using?

4.13 Regular, got it 2 days ago and testing but for now all ok. check results in antutu:
u9ageduv.jpg

guty7ypu.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones