• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Slow tethering problem fixed with GB update

yusa13

Lurker
Posting this on Lunatic59's suggestion, I originally mentioned this in Introductions, hopefully it can help somebody.

I was having problems tethering my desktop, and I was pretty sure Verizon was throttling my speeds... I could use the phone's browser on 3G with no problems, but as soon as I tethered it would drop to 1x. I guess a lot of people have had this problem.

Well, thanks to the posters here, I found that enabling data roaming in settings incurs no extra charges from Verizon, I'm in a rural area so that helped immensely.

I still encountered 1x speeds a few times though, so I decided to update to 2.3.3 from Froyo for the heck of it, and now it's working perfectly. I really like the improvements in GB, at least the ones I've noticed so far.

Anyway if you're still using an old OS and have slow tethering speeds try updating to 2.3.3 and enabling data roaming (if you use Verizon), worked for me.
 
Back
Top Bottom