• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Small pics via mms?

Roddy

Sep 11, 2009
Hello all,

When someone sends me an MMS it comes in extremely small, thumbnail size. I'm a fairly new At&t customer and I have the One X. I was previously with Sprint had had the orginal evo, then the Evo 3d and never had this problem. So is this an At&t problem? Is there a fix for this? thanks in advance.

This happens all the time to me and I didn't pull down the update yet because it's not available for me yet.

My mother has an iPhone and so does one of my friends. Every time they try to send me a mms the picture is very small when I get it...to small to even see.
I think it has something to do with getting mms from iOS/iPhone. Do you notice that the tiny mms are coming from someone with an apple device?

Every other friend I have that has android sends me mms pictures as normal...full size.

Yeah, it's because they sending you .png files they saved as a screen shot. hTC phone handle these badly and show them small. Since an iPhone user cannot just long press and download images off the internet, I am guessing because they are on lockdown & all downloadable content must come thru iTunes, they are forced to use the screenshot method to capture and send the images which saves as a .png file.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones