• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Smart Switch

Steven58

Former Heavyweight Champion of Android Forums
So, on my note 8 I am having an issue where I am dropping bluetooth in the middle of calls, regardless of what BT device I'm using. They suggested I backup with Smart Switch, kinda like in old rooting/rom days when you could backup a rom, i guess .. ish.

So, If the problem remains, they send me an extended warranty replacement, but at least i have the backup. I hate having to redo EVERYthing. Here goes nothing.

Smart Switch will back up your apps (but not their data), media, contacts/messages/calls, maybe some settings. It's not the same as a full ROM backup and it's possible that some of the preceding items won't be backed up so you'll want to check carefully.
Sounds like they're just giving you the standard answer of "back up your stuff and do a full reset" because they don't have an actual answer to your problem.

Exactly, If this doesn't work, I get an extended warranty replacement. Yeah, Smart Switch is backup lite. Oh well.

I got the note 8 up and running after hard reset, but the problem persists, so they are sending me out new one. I'll have it this afternoon. Same day!

Back
Top Bottom