• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SMS backup app won't connect to Gmail

fightingirish

SOLVED!! Appears that I didn't whitelist this in DroidWall (thought I did).

SMS Backup+ has been working well for me for the past year, and has done a really good job backing up text messages to my Gmail account. However, recently it has not been cooperative. I installed a few other apps, including K9 email and Backup to Gmail. Not sure if these two apps messed things up, but SMS Backup+ will no longer connect to Gmail. When I try to connect, I get this message:

"Could not obtain request token from Google. Make sure the network connection is active and your time/time zone is configured properly."

Sync is on, and everything else seems to work with Gmail. IMAP is enabled. Anyone else familiar with this issue, and how to correct it?

It says "invalid recipient" when I try to connect sms backup to my gmail account on my LG-MS690. Can anyone help? Sync is on and imap enabled!

It says "invalid recipient" when I try to connect sms backup to my gmail account on my LG-MS690. Can anyone help? Sync is on and imap enabled!
You do realize this is the LG Optimus V forum and not the LG Optimus M forum.

You might get advice on the matter here that works for your phone, but you might not.

The best place to get the advice you seek is in the LG Optimus M forum.

Back
Top Bottom