• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Soft Bricked Boost Samsung Prevail 2 SPH-M840

it just might be. but it's okay.. if we can get the boot.img I can remake it. give me a few I'm researching.. I'm not finding it on sammobile.. that's a first...

Unforunately, that is the recovery file I already have. It doesn't seem to completely flash the phone back to stock. I can install superuser but it won't update the binary. When I use root checker the phone is not rooted. When I try framaroot, it freezes.

I need a recovery file that will flash everything back to stock because obviously there is something still corrupted that won't allow me to root even after flashing using that recovery file.

I do have the Samsung USB drivers, that replaced Kies right? Thanks A LOT for your help. I have been at this for about two weeks now, lol.

P's.. we get this running again.. you still willing to pull some partitions? I just got off phone with Samsung.. not willing to help.. :( figures..

For the record, as long as you have a custom recovery, you will be able to root. You say that you installed superuser... From the market i assume? (Because the play version doesn't include the binary.) All you need is a flashable zip containing su & it's binary. Give me one second and I'll post a link

Just flash this in recovery and you will have root
http://download.chainfire.eu/396/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.zip?retrieve_file=1

Edit - if you would be kind enough to still try kies, it would definitely benefit the community to have a working boost Odin image :)

I've downloaded Kies. I am eat lunch right now and the afterwards install Kies. So I need to uninstall the Samsung USB Drivers before I install Kies?

Hey Lord V. I am definitely willing to do anything to help out the communityl. You all have been awesome and I learned a ton from you rebuilding that softbricked Galaxy Rush that you helped me with Lord V. So, anything I can do to return the favor. I'll be back in about 20 minutes to get started.

but his splash is still virgin mobile.. lol as far as I knew.. this device is boost only.. *scratches head* I fear the kernel/boot.img is going to give problems...

P'S. HEEEYYY LV!!! Missed ya bud. ;)

That recovery tar has a Virgin Mobile splash screen. I didn't have that until I flashed that recovery. If I remember correctly, the recovery.tar came from a Ring. The Ring is the same as the Prevail 2 and *I think* Kouma built that recovery from a Ring... It's all documented in the Prevail 2 forum. I got most of the history on the recovery, roms and custom kernel from desilynn79. She also has a sticky in the Prevail 2 forum.

Did I need to uninstall the samsung usb drivers before loading Kies?

LOL, too funny. I am sorry, I don't mean to be redundant. I am just trying to make sure I am clear and understand it correctly so I don't noob it like I did two weeks ago when I had zero clue I was in the prevail and not prevail 2 forum.

I am uninstalling the samsung usb drivers now and installing kies. I'll get you the logs asap.

Well I loaded the Superuser-1.0.1.1.zip from CWM and it said success. Phone booted; I rebooted. Once phone was done booting, I used Root Checker basic and it reported back, Sorry! This device does not have proper root access. Here is what the phone reported back when I loaded the SU from the zip file. https://imageshack.com/i/ipeYybN5j

Loading Kies now...

Kies won't conntect to the phone. I don't know why, Windows recognized it without issue. I can browse the internal-SD and external through Windows but in Kies, it just constantly says "connecting" and never does.

When I loaded KIES from your link, it asked me if I wanted to update. Should I have said no?

Well I loaded the Superuser-1.0.1.1.zip from CWM and it said success. Phone booted; I rebooted. Once phone was done booting, I used Root Checker basic and it reported back, Sorry! This device does not have proper root access. Here is what the phone reported back when I loaded the SU from the zip file. https://imageshack.com/i/ipeYybN5j

Loading Kies now...

Try going into mounts and storage (in cwm) and mounting /system, then flash the zip again.

Edit - hi Dais :wavey:

My Samsung galaxy prevail 2 whit out wishing I putRom quenched Loggin de the loggo Samsung I turned it on but the loggo Orange quenched again that I can asher for what start again the systems help my plis

Try going into mounts and storage (in cwm) and mounting /system, then flash the zip again.

Edit - hi Dais :wavey:
That worked Lord V! Thanks a bunch. Now of course I am tackling another issue (Busybox on Rails) but I'll post that another thread.

Thanks again. I still can't get KIES to connect to the phone. I am still bidding on a used/unrooted Preavil 2. Hopefully, I win that bid and I will have no issue connecting to KIES and we can build a fully working stock image from it for the community. The bid ends tomorrow at 1130 EST. I'll keep you all informed.

Back
Top Bottom