• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some problems with the G3

Actually LG's UI is NOTHING like TouchWiz. it has ZERO lag. TouchWiz always stutters. the only thing the two have in common is sharing features (multi-window, pen window/QSlide, Nature UX elements, notification look/feel, cloning S-Voice, etc) but the LG UI is far less resource intensive and uses very little storage compared with TouchWiz.

Actually LG's UI is NOTHING like TouchWiz. it has ZERO lag. TouchWiz always stutters. the only thing the two have in common is sharing features (multi-window, pen window/QSlide, Nature UX elements, notification look/feel, cloning S-Voice, etc) but the LG UI is far less resource intensive and uses very little storage compared with TouchWiz.

Having used both I would agree that the frame rate drops and stutters are a little less common on the g3, but not by much. Most of the time the experience indistinguishable from touchwiz. Yours might be the only account of the g3 being completely lag free that I've ever come across.

the LG G3 demo was lag-free too. hence my decision to dump the Note 3 and get the G3. the G2 was pretty good too. Coming from a mess of laggy and stuttery Samsungs I am loving the G3. in fact i'll even go on to say it's the first Android device that I didn't have to spend time disabling features and apps on to get it that fluid. on Samsung phones/tablets I had to hack tons of Developer options, remove or disable certain apps, and disable most of the good stuff (such as smart pause, smart scroll, etc) because of the battery drain and resource use. the G3 runs a very light UI that is lag-free and I never had to turn anything off. it's essentially the same as it was out of the box other than me changing the home/lock screen wallpapers and turning Voice Mate on (which was admittedly hidden I was looking for its icon but they moved it to a hidden area of the notification toggles)

I also have not had a smartphone that came home after 12 hours at work with 69-79% battery left except the iPhone 4. my Note 3 would often come back with hardly any battery left and spent the rest of the day on the charger.

The Note 3 also had a noticeable delay at times lauching apps. i'd tap the icon and get nothing. I would wonder if I tapped it hard enough to register, tap it again, then get to a blank screen and sometimes i'd get a 'Facebook is not responding' dialog. other times i'd launch say the Play Store and sit at a delay, then black screen and then the UI would load up, and if I installed anything, during the 'installing' phase it would lag horribly. none of that happens with the G3. I've yet to see an Android phone this responsive. tap Play Store's icon BAM there it is. hit recents while it's installing and there they are. tap the Chrome browser I backgrounded days ago and it resumes without loading the tabs again.

If I wanted to uninstall something on the Note 3 i'd have to go to settings--Application manager and find the app, then tap it, hit uninstall and sit at 'uninstalling' for a few seconds to a few minutes, depending on how big the app or game was. on the G3 I just go to the app drawer, tap three dots on right, select 'edit/uninstall apps' and hit the red 'x' on the app I want to delete, select yes, then as soon as it goes 'poof' (that seems to be the extent of the skeuomorphic elements to the UI) it's gone. no waiting for the uninstall to finish and none of the extra steps.

Back
Top Bottom