• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Sorry for the likely ancient question

mrleroybrown

My wife recently made the move the blackberry to android with the Samsung Galaxy S2. The only thing she doesn't like is not having a tangible keyboard, so I bought her an Ultra and decided I'd go ahead and root it before giving it to here (b/c she won't part with her phone for me to do anything to it once she starts using it). Anyhow, is anyone familiar with one-click root http://www.*****************/phone/samsung-transform-ultra/ and/or is it a safer bet to manually root the phone? Thanks in advance.

I don't know of any one-click method that works on this phone once the firmware is updated to 2.3.6. If you dig around in this sub-forum, you should be able to find all the info you need to get the phone rooted and set up the way your wife will enjoy most. If you need help with anything, the community for the Ultra is one of the best I've seen (small as it is). I'm also willing to help, but since I no longer own one of the devices, I may be a little slow to respond.

Good luck! :)

I don't know of any one-click method that works on this phone once the firmware is updated to 2.3.6. If you dig around in this sub-forum, you should be able to find all the info you need to get the phone rooted and set up the way your wife will enjoy most. If you need help with anything, the community for the Ultra is one of the best I've seen (small as it is). I'm also willing to help, but since I no longer own one of the devices, I may be a little slow to respond.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling the one-click root thing was a scam. I guess I'll just have to put my head down and get to work. I have a ZTE Warp Sequent and to be honest I am as happy with it's specs as any other phone (or at least any other phone I could afford! LOL!)

i still have my ultra and i can try to help. but if i can recall right the only way i was able to root it was by putting CWM (clockworkmod) on it and using a om or stock file to root it,
i hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom